Adam Rank | Tags: Alex Smith, Andre Johnson, Arizona Cardinals, Beanie Wells, Ben Roethlisberger, Bernard Berrian, Carolina Panthers, Carson Palmer, Chad Ochocinco, Chris Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals, DeAngelo Williams, Detroit Lions, Houton Texans, Jahvid Best, Joel Dreesen, Jonathan Stewart, Mario Manningham, Mike Singletary, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Owen Daniels, Percy Harvin, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Shaun Hill, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith North, Tennessee Titans, Tim Hightower, Tom Brady, Tyrell Sutton, Vince Young
Titans QB Vince Young (ankle) is a true game-time decision (a decision that will be brought to you on NFL.com Fantasy LIVE on Sunday morning) against the Dolphins.
Young was not a great fantasy option, and to be honest, RB Chris Johnson (who is probable with thigh injury) is going to start regardless of the quarterback.
Alright, let’s take a look at some of the other injury news on Anxiety Friday:
- The Panthers are going with RB Mike Goodson. RBs Jonathan Stewart (concussion), Tyrell Sutton (ankle), and DeAngelo Williams (foot) are all out. And is it my imagination or do the Panthers have major injuries every year? Instead of coach John Fox being a lame duck, how about putting that Panthers trainer on notice. In fact, Panthers trainer, you are on ‘the list.’
- Bengals QB Carson Palmer (right shoulder) and WR Chad Ochocinco (ankle) are probable. How’s Palmer’s ear? Ochocinco has been barking in it enough to get more targets and I see a big day for the enigmatic receiver vs. the Colts.
- Giants WR Steve Smith is officially out for the Cowboys. Pick up Mario Manningham — if you have not done so already. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
- Lions RB Jahvid Best (toe) and QB Shaun Hill (left forearm) are probable this week. Both are excellent starts vs. the Bills. Or so you would think. Watch, this will be the day that the Bills breakthrough.
- Texans WR Andre Johnson (ankle) is questionable. But Dre has been a trooper this year. And really, nobody sits against the Jaguars. Well, except for TE Owen Daniels (hamstring). Pick up Texans TE Joel Dreesen if you need a tight end.
- Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (groin) and WR Percy Harvin (ankle, illness) are listed as questionable vs. the Bears.
- Cardinals RB Beanie Wells (knee) was limited in practice on Friday, but previously missed Wednesday and Thursday. Hard to tell what coach Ken Whisenhunt is going to do here, but RB Tim Hightower is the safer bet.
- 49ers QB Alex Smith (left shoulder) is out, in what has the be the worst kept secret in San Francisco, next to, coach Mike Singletary appears crazy.
- Patriots QB Tom Brady (right shoulder, foot) is probable and will play. The Steelers have a number of injuries on the offensive line, which could hurt the team’s ability to run, which might open the door for QB Ben Roethlisberger to throw the football.