Published: November 7th, 2010 | Tags: Adam Koets, Andy Reid, Austin Collie, Bill Belichick, Chris Ivory, Cliff Avril, Dan Connor, Darnell Dockett, Darren Sharper, David Diehl, Jason Hanson, Jeremy Shockey, Jim Schwartz, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Peppers, Kenny Iwebema, Kerry Rhodes, Lovie Smith, Malcolm Jenkins, Matt Moore, Matthew Stafford, Max Jean-Gilles, Nate Allen, Roddy White, Rolando McClain, Roscoe Parrish, Ryan Mathews, Sean Payton, Steve Gregory, Steven Gostkowski, Todd McClure, Tyrell Sutton, Tyrone Culver, Tyvon Branch, Week 9 injuries 2010
A quick recap at some of the notable injuries around the league in Week 9:
- Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said QB Matthew Stafford was “very sore” after injuring his right shoulder in overtime against the Jets, but had no other update on the severity of the injury. Stafford missed five games this season after separating the same shoulder. The Lions also lost K Jason Hanson (right knee) and DE Cliff Avril (leg) to injuries.
- The Panthers had a host of serious injuries, as QB Matt Moore (shoulder), RB Jonathan Stewart (head), MLB Dan Connor (hip) and RB Tyrell Sutton (ankle) left and were unable to return against the Saints.
- Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett was sidelined during the second half against the Vikings with what the Arizona Republic later reported as a shoulder “stringer.” Dockett did return. The Cardinals lost DE Kenny Iwebema to a right knee injury, and FS Kerry Rhodes reportedly re-aggravated a left hand injury. Rhodes was also able to return.
- Falcons WR Roddy White suffered a right knee injury during the first quarter against the Bucs, but was able to return during the second half wearing a knee brace. Falcons starting C Todd McClure also left with a knee injury but also returned.
- The Saints lost TE Jeremy Shockey (ribs), FS Darren Sharper (hamstring) and RB Chris Ivory (shoulder) against the Panthers. Saints coach Sean Payton didn’t have any updates following the game, but did say Shockey was taken to the hospital as a “precautionary measure” and X-rays were negative. The Times Picayune also reported S Malcolm Jenkins suffered a shoulder stinger but expects to be fine.
- Dolphins S Tyrone Culver left with an ankle injury against the Ravens and didn’t return.
- The Chargers lost RB Ryan Mathews (ankle) and SS Steve Gregory (shoulder) against the Texans.
- Patriots K Steven Gostkowski was sidelined by a thigh injury against the Browns. Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Gostkowski would be re-evaluated on Monday.
- Bears coach Lovie Smith said DE Julius Peppers, who left the field with an injury late during the fourth quarter, was expected to be fine, per The Associated Press.
- Bills WR Rosoe Parrish suffered a wrist injury against the Bears and told The AP he would undergo tests on Monday.
- Two starting linemen for the Giants — LT David Diehl and C Adam Koets – left with injuries. Koets suffered a sprained left knee during the fourth quarter, while Diehl left with a hip injury during the third quarter. Neither returned. The Giants said X-rays on Diehl were negative.
- Eagles RG Max Jean-Gilles (concussion) and FS Nate Allen (neck/back) suffered injuries against the Colts and didn’t return. Eagles coach Andy Reid said Allen suffered a neck strain and will have an MRI exam on Monday.
- The Colts announced WR Austin Collie suffered a concussion as the result of a violent hit during the against the Eagles.
- The Raiders played the second half and overtime against the Chiefs without MLB Rolando McClain (hip) and SS Tyvon Branch (concussion).