Published: October 31st, 2010 | Tags: Aaron Rodgers, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Brett Favre, C.C. Brown, Chris Cooley, Chris Horton, Don Carey, Donald Driver, Isaiah Ekejiuba, Jeff Fisher, Kenny Britt, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Matt Hasselbeck, Michael Hoomanawanui, Nnamdi Asomugha, Patrick Lee, Red Bryant, Ryan Torain, Tank Johnson, Terence Newman, Vernon Davis, Vince Young, Week 8 injuries 2010
Here’s a one-liner (and sometimes more) recap of some of the most notable injuries to come out of Week 8:
- Titans QB Vince Young reinjured his left ankle during the fourth quarter against the Chargers and left the stadium in a walking boot, according to multiple reports. The Titans also lost WR Kenny Britt to a hamstring injury. Britt didn’t return, and Titans coach Jeff Fisher said the receiver would miss “an extended period of time,” according to The Tennessean.
- Vikings QB Brett Favre sustained a hit to the chin during the fourth quarter against the Patriots that required eight stitches. Favre said following the game he still expects to play next week.
- Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha suffered a right ankle injury during the fourth quarter against the Seahawks. Steve Wyche reports Raiders coach Tom Cable said X-rays were negative, and Asomugha will undergo further tests on Monday.
- According to multiple reports, Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck wasn’t available for postgame interviews due to being “dinged” in the head. The Seahawks did lose DT Red Bryant to a right knee injury. Danny O’Neil of The Seattle Times reported Bryant was on crutches following the game with a brace protecting the knee.
- 49ers TE Vernon Davis didn’t return following an ankle injury against the Broncos.
- Rams rookie TE Michael Hoomanawanui suffered a rib injury against the Panthers.
- The Packers lost WR Donald Driver during the first half against the Jets after he re-aggravated a quadriceps injury. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said during his postgame news conference that CB Patrick Lee (ankle) and QB Aaron Rodgers (ankle) also sustained injuries.
- Bengals DT Tank Johnson left during the third quarter against the Dolphins with an injured right knee and didn’t return.
- The Redskins lost several players due to injuries against the Lions. Ryan Torain (hamstring) and Chris Horton (knee) left the game and didn’t return, while TE Chris Cooley (back spasms) was able to play through his injury after leaving briefly.
- Lions SS C.C. Brown and LB Isaiah Ekejiuba sustained knee injuries against the Redskins.
- Jaguars FS Don Carey didn’t return due to a neck injury he sustained while delivering a helmet-to-helmet hit on Cowboys TE Jason Witten.
- The Cardinals lost RB LaRod Stephens-Howling to a rib injury during the fourth quarter against the Bucs and he did not return.
- Cowboys CB Terence Newman re-aggravated a rib injury against the Jaguars, according to the team’s official site, and did not return. Backup S Akwasi Owusu-Ansah sustained a sprained ankle.
— Frank Tadych