Published: October 10th, 2010 | Tags: Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, Brian Dawkins, Bruce Gradkowski, Calvin Johnson, Clay Matthews, Cliff Avril, Darcel McBath, Darcy Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Derrick Martin, Donald Lee, Frank Tadych, Gary Kubiak, Jacob Bell, Jake Delhomme, Jammal Brown, Jeff Faine, Jermichael Finley, Joseph Addai, Lance Briggs, Mark Clayton, Mike Brisiel, Ryan Pickett, Sean Jones, Sean Weatherspoon, Seneca Wallace, Steve Spagnuolo, Trent Williams, Week 5 injuries 2010
- Aaron Rodgers suffered a concussion during overtime against the Redskins, headlining a long list of Packers injuries. Besides Rodgers, TE Jermichael Finley (knee), DE Ryan Pickett (ankle), TE Donald Lee (shoulder), S Derrick Martin (sprained knee) and OLB Clay Matthews (left hamstring cramp) were all sidelined. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported Finley will have further testing on Monday. Pickett said X-rays on his ankle were negative, reports Greg. A. Bedard.
- The Broncos lost FS Brian Dawkins (knee), FS Darcel McBath (ankle) and WR Demaryius Thomas (head, neck) to injuries against the Ravens. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels didn’t have any updates during his postgame news conference.
- A potentially devastating injury for the Rams: WR Mark Clayton, among the NFC leaders in receptions and yards, suffered what appears to be a serious right knee injury. When asked about the injury, Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said “it doesn’t look good.” Rams OG Jacob Bell and TE Darcy Johnson suffered concussions, according to The Associated Press.
- The Redskins suffered injuries to both starting offensive tackles. RT Jammal Brown did not return following a left knee injury injury, while rookie LT Trent Williams also sustained a left knee injury. Williams did return briefly in overtime before leaving the game for good. Mike Jones reported Brown described his injury as a “slight” sprain and didn’t think it was serious, although he expects to have an MRI exam. Mike Shanahan doesn’t believe there is structural damage for either player.
- Texans coach Gary Kubiak revealed during his postgame news conference that RB Arian Foster “banged up” his knee just before halftime against the Giants. Foster, who had four touches in the second half, indicated he’s OK. Starting RG Mike Brisiel (sprained right MCL) left during the second quarter and didn’t return.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson (right shoulder) and DE Cliff Avril (cramping) did not return against the Rams. Johnson sat out the end of the game with his shoulder wrapped in ice on the sideline.
- Colts RB Joseph Addai didn’t return after suffering a right shoulder injury during the third quarter against the Chiefs.
- The Buccaneers lost C Jeff Faine (quad) and SS Sean Jones (back) during the first half against the Bengals. Steve Wyche reports Faine could have a significant injury and will undergo testing on Monday.
- Falcons rookie LB Sean Weatherspoon said he will undergo an MRI exam on his injured right knee, according to The Associated Press.
- Bears LB Lance Briggs didn’t return following a left ankle injury.
- Bruce Gradkowski was knocked out of Sunday’s game against the Chargers due to a right shoulder injury. Gradkowski returned briefly to start the second half after being ruled out, but was pulled again for Jason Campbell.
- Jake Delhomme replaced an injured Seneca Wallace, who sustained a right ankle injury at the end of the first half against the Falcons.
— Frank Tadych