Adam Rank | Tags: Andre Johnson, Austin Collie, Blair White, Chad Ochocinco, Champ Bailey, Dez Bryant, George Clooney, Jake Delhomme, James Davis, Jerome Harrison, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Damon, Michael Turner, Percy Harvin, Peyton Manning, Pierre Garcon, Ryan Mathews, Steve Smith, Terrell Owens
Texans WR Andre Johnson is listed as questionable with an ankle injury, but do you think that Johnson is going to sit out a huge matchup against the Cowboys? The Texans are playing in their third Super Bowl in three weeks, and there is no way the team is going on without its best player.
Kind of like when George Clooney‘s Danny Ocean tells Linus Caldwell (Matt Damon) in the Ocean’s 11 remake, “You really didn’t think I was going to sit this one out, did you?”
The key question is how effective will Johnson be? Obviously the ankle injury will slow him a touch. He was limited in practice this week. But if you drafted him — like me — you are starting him, so lets just hope for the best.
Cowboys WR Dez Bryant is probable with a rib injury, and TE Jason Witten is also probable with a head injury.
Some other injuries of note on Anxiety Friday.
- Chargers RB Ryan Mathews is officially listed as doubtful. Mike Tolbert figures to start, as we have discussed this week. Do we need to talk about this more?
- Falcons RB Michael Turner is probable with a groin injury. Cue Sam Malone rapping about groin injuries on a Boston television station. Turner is still a must start, as evidenced by his hot start last week.
- Bengals WR Terrell Owens is probably with a back injury and he was limited in practice two days this week. WR Chad Ochocinco had tweeted about a rib injury, but he is not even on the list.
- Panthers WR Steve Smith is probable with a thigh injury. Some question Smith’s value with Jimmy Clausen starting at quarterback. But if you were a rookie quarterback, who would you be looking for?
- Browns QB Jake Delhomme is doubtful. RB Jerome Harrison is questionable. But who cares? The Browns are playing the Ravens. So you will not start any Browns, but keep RB James Davis on your radar. Raven has Todd Heap, Derrick Mason and Ray Rice all on the injury report, but all are probable.
- Vikings WR Percy Harvin is expected to play with a hip injury and migraine problem. The Lions have given up a ton of yards in the air. Brett Favre has not passed for a lot of yards. Something has to give.
- Colts WR Pierre Garcon has missed practice on Thursday and Friday with a hamstring injury. This could be big for Austin Collie. How about this for super secret radar alert — rookie WR Blair White. Seriously, if Peyton Manning makes Blair White fantasy relevant, then he will have to be considered the greatest fantasy quarterback ever. And bad news for the Broncos in this game, Champ Bailey is listed as questionable. So the Colts could be throwing a lot.
- Cardinals RB Beanie Wells is listed as questionable, but he is expected to play.
— Adam Rank