Adam Rank | Tags: Brian Westbrook, Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos, Donovan McNabb, Houston Texans, Josh Freeman, Knowshon Moreno, New England Patriots, Owen Daniels, Randy Moss, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins
Patriots WR Randy Moss missed Wednesday’s practice with an illness. Is bellyaching about a contract considered an illness? Not that Moss would stoop to anything so low, because we all remember that he tried his absolute hardest during his tenure with the Raiders.
But this is probably something minor and not something that will keep him out of action. Clearly, though, you will want to keep an eye on this as the week and season progresses. My initial thought that Moss’s desire for a new contract would motivate him to play at his best. So let’s not overreact to this right now.
Here are some other interesting notes from Wednesday’s injury report.
- Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman (right thumb) was limited in practice today. A huge blow to those of you who are required to start three quarterbacks in your fantasy league. In other words, none of you. But I am high on WR Mike Williams, so it is important for Freeman to start.
- Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) and WR Demaryius Thomas (foot) practiced Wednesday. Moreno’s hamstring has replaced Fred Taylor‘s groin as the most-watched body part in fantasy football.
- The Eagles have no injuries to report. Strange days in this post-Brian Westbrook era when the oft-injured running back dominated the injury report.
- Texans TE Owen Daniels was limited in practice — no real surprise here. Owens will be eased back into the lineup.
- Redskins QB Donovan McNabb fully participated in practice. Which is good news for those of you using the key member of the new Over the Hill Gang.
Practices on the West Coast are concluding, so there should be some more updates shortly.
— Adam Rank