Published: August 25th, 2010 | Tags: Ben Hamilton, Bill Belichick, Chester Pitts, Cortland Finnegan, Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos, Derrick Morgan, Derrick Ward, Diyral Briggs, Jeff Fisher, Jonathan Goff, Josh McDaniels, Keith Bulluck, Laurence Maroney, Mansfield Wrotto, Michael Boley, Mike Gibson, Mike Williams, Percy Harvin, Raheem Morris, Russell Okung, Terrence Cody, Travis LaBoy, Vince Young
When Demaryius Thomas gets on the field, he just can’t stay on it.
According to multiple reports, the Broncos rookie receiver re-aggravated a foot injury during practice on Wednesday. There had been optimism surrounding Thomas, who has been in and out of practices throughout camp, when he was among a handful of Broncos to return to practice on Tuesday afternoon.
The Denver Post reports Thomas will undergo further testing.
Thomas, the 22nd overall pick in the draft, is listed on the second-team offense behind current starters Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney and slot receiver Eddie Royal.
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels spoke to the media before practice on Wednesday and addressed Thomas during his news conference.
Tim Tebow did return to practice after missing several sessions with bruised ribs, according to The Denver Post.
Here are a few other bullet-points on happenings that have caught my eye:
- Vikings WR Percy Harvin was back on the practice field for the first time since his collapse last week, writes Judd Zulgad.
- Keith Bulluck has been moved from the middle linebacker spot with the Giants, but he saw some first-team reps on the outside with Jonathan Goff and Michael Boley, writes Paul Schwartz.
- Jeff Fisher says Vince Young’s accuracy has been much better. Cortland Finnegan and rookie first-round pick Derrick Morgan are among the injured Titans who have a chance to play on Saturday against the Panthers.
- Mike Duffy writes that Ravens rookie DT Terrence Cody could miss Saturday’s game against the Giants due to swelling in his left knee that has caused him to miss practice time this week.
- The Bucs’ starting wide receiver spot opposite rookie Mike Williams is still wide open, according to coach Raheem Morris. RB Derrick Ward returned to practice on Wednesday and will play against the Jaguars.
- Chester Pitts has been activated from the PUP list and will begin working at left tackle the Seahawks, writes Eric Williams. Mike Gibson has moved ahead of Ben Hamilton at left guard, writes Clare Farnsworth, while Mansfield Wrotto will get the start at left tackle in place of the injured Russell Okung.
- Travis LaBoy and Diyral Briggs are fighting for a roster spot with the 49ers, writes Phil Barber.
- Karen Guregian writes it will be much more clear where Laurence Maroney stands with Patriots coach Bill Belichick after Thursday’s game against the Rams.