Adam Rank | Tags: Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown, Baltimore Ravens, Brandon Marshall, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Chris Cooley, Cleveland Browns, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Donovan McNabb, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Jacoby Jones, Jahvid Best, Jamaal Charles, Joe McKnight, Josh Freeman, Kansas City Chiefs, Le'Ron McClain, Legedu Naanee, Marcedes Lewis, Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins, Mike Williams, Mohamed Massaquoi, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers, robert meachem, Sam Bradford, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Thomas Jones, Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Washington Redskins, Willis McGahee, Zach Miller
Talk about your Saturday night special – there are 11 preseason games for your viewing. This is why you need NFL Preseason Live to keep up with all of the action.
But what should you be focusing on for these games?
Well, I am glad you asked. Here are 21 lines about 11 games to get you ready for Saturday night.
- Ravens at Redskins: Will QB Donovan McNabb continue to look for TE Chris Cooley? Keep an eye on RB Le’Ron McClain‘s ability to hold on to the football because that could lead to RB Willis McGahee being traded.
- Steelers at Giants: There are a couple of nice rookies playing in this one starting with Steelers rookie WR Antonio Brown who looked nice last week. But everybody is rooting for WR Victor Cruz to make the Giants squad, so can he deliver again?
- Chiefs at Tampa Bay: RB Jamaal Charles is the No. 2 guy right now, but can he have another big game to move ahead of Thomas Jones? Bucs QB Josh Freeman and WR Mike Williams are fighting for fantasy relevance.
- Dolphins at Jaguars: Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall could not hold on to the ball last week, lets hope that he improves there. Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis has had the best camp of anybody on the team according to most insiders, and has a chance to shine with Zach Miller injured.
- St. Louis at Browns: QB Sam Bradford will again start on the bench, but how long will that last before he is inserted as the starter? WR Mohamed Massaquoi missed some practice this week, so it will be interesting to see if he plays.
- Texans at Saints: WR Jacoby Jones returns home to New Orleans entrenched in the battle to be the Texans No. 2 WR. Saints WR Robert Meachem returned to practice but I’d be shocked to see him play.
- Jets at Panthers: Can rookie RB Joe McKnight show any promise on the field? QB Matt Moore did not do much to prove my faith in him last week, so a strong performance would be welcomed.
- Raiders at Bears: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey was hyped plenty recently — even by yours truly — but he was rested this week for fatigue, so hopefully he will not be too tired to play. Do the Bears even have a backup QB right now?
- Lions at Broncos: RB Jahvid Best is currently my No. 3 top rookie, which is not bad, but can he move past C.J. Spiller, who looked great on Thursday? And seriously, who is still healthy for the Broncos?
- Packers at Seahawks: The only way to watch QB Aaron Rodgers is with your hand over your eyes, hoping that he does not get hurt.
- Edited to add, Cowboys at Chargers: WR Roy E Williams has shown some signs of life, keep an eye on him. The Chargers could be inching closer to moving WR Vincent Jackson, and last week it was Legedu Naanee who stepped up in his absence.
– Adam Rank