Published: July 29th, 2010 | Tags: 2010 Training Camps, Brad Cottam, Brandon Pettigrew, Brendon Ayanbadejo, C.J. Mosley, Coye Francies, Darrell Reid, Darren Sharper, Duke Robinson, Ed Reed, Fabian Washington, Frank Tadych, Jack Williams, Jamal Williams, Jeff Otah, Jonathan Stewart, Kevin Smith, Ko Simpson, Lardarius Webb, Louis Leonard, Malcolm Kelly, Marques Colston, Oniel Cousins, Ryan Clady, Shaun Rogers, Steve Smith, Terrence Cody, Thomas Davis, Walt Harris
As teams around the league continue to report to training camps and conduct opening practices, the final decisions are made on which players will begin on the physically-unable-to-perform list.
For a quick refresher, refer back to this post on the active and reserve PUP lists.
Here’s a look at the PUP lists and other injuries that have been announced and reported:
- Ravens coach John Harbaugh said seven players — FS Ed Reed, CB Fabian Washington, CB Lardarius Webb, LB Brendon Ayanbadejo, OT Oniel Cousins, CB Walt Harris and DT Terrence Cody — would begin on the PUP, per the team’s official site. According to The Baltimore Sun, C Matt Birk is also on the list, but expected back soon.
- Redskins WR Malcolm Kelly suffered a hamstring injury during QB Donovan McNabb’s “Hell Week” training and might sit out practices, according to The Washington Post.
- The Chiefs placed TE Brad Cottam on the reserve PUP list. Cottom does not count against the team’s 80-man camp roster, and is out for at least the first six weeks of the season.
- The Broncos placed OLB Darrell Reid and NT Jamal Williams on the PUP list, according to The Denver Post, while OT Ryan Clady will start camp on the non-football injury list.
- Browns president Mike Holmgren announced DL C.J. Mosley, DL Shaun Rogers and CB Coye Francies will begin camp on the PUP list. He said none of the players had passed their physicals, but thought they would all participate in camp “at some point.”
- As expected, the Panthers officially placed six players on the PUP list: LB Thomas Davis, DT Louis Leonard, OT Jeff Otah, OG Duke Robinson, WR Steve Smith and RB Jonathan Stewart.
- FS Darren Sharper and WR Marques Colston are among four Saints to open on the PUP list.
- According to MLive.com, S Ko Simpson, RB Kevin Smith, TE Brandon Pettigrew and CB Jack Williams are candidates for the PUP.