Cowboys out of Atogwe hunt; Rams coach ‘hopeful’

Now that safety Oshiomogho Atogwe is officially an unrestricted free agent, we can begin to add and subtract to the list of interested teams.

Start with the Cowboys, a team widely believed to hold some type of interest in Atogwe. Not so, according to owner Jerry Jones. Todd Archer of The Dallas Morning News reported Wednesday that Jones said the Cowboys aren’t interested and plan to enter the season with Alan Ball and Mike Hamlin as their starters at safety.

Of course, we also fully expect interested teams to deny any interest, but that’s a much more complicated list.

As for Atogwe’s former team, the Rams, coach Steve Spagnuolo told reporters Wednesday he was “very hopeful” a deal still could get done. Spagnuolo suggested a visit with Atogwe last week was cordial and productive, and by all indications, no bridges were burned during the negotiation process — a sentiment that NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora also has passed along, noting the team will continue its efforts to sign the safety.

Guidelines: Fan feedback should be within the guidelines for the NFL community. These guidelines will be used to identify those comments that will be removed from display on the site. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic, not abusive or combatant towards other fans, and don’t share any personal details. Use the “Report” link to help keep the community at its best.

Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP | Subscribe (RSS)

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,449 other followers