Published: April 15th, 2010 | Tags: Barry Cofield, Brandon Johnson, Brodie Croyle, Derek Hagan, Domenik Hixon, Drew Coleman, Gerris Wilkinson, Harvey Dahl, Jason Snelling, LenDale White, Leon Washington, Max Jean-Gilles, Mike Bell, Patrick Watkins, Quinn Ojinnaka, Rudy Niswanger, Ryan O'Callaghan, Tyson Clabo, Usama Young
The restricted free agent market has had next to no movement (save for RB Mike Bell) during the free agency period. With the deadline approaching Thursday at midnight, it’s doubtful we’ll see a change in what’s been the status-quo.
Teams have until midnight to sign restricted free agents to offer sheets. After the deadline, teams hold exclusive negotiating rights with their restricted free agents.
Bell (New Orleans to Philadelphia) has been the only restricted free agent signed to an offer sheet to change teams. Five other restricted free agents signed their tender offers and were traded: LB Chris Gocong (Philadelphia to Cleveland), WR Brandon Marshall (Denver to Miami), G Rob Sims (Seahawks to Lions), DE Darryl Tapp (Seahawks to Eagles) and QB Charlie Whitehurst (Seattle to San Diego).
According to NFLLabor.com, a total of 126 restricted free agents had signed through Wednesday. Here’s a look at some other recent developments around the league:
- Jets RB Leon Washington signed his second-round tender worth $1.759 million. Washington was a fourth-round pick in 2006. Backup CB Drew Coleman also signed his tender ($1.176 million), according to the Daily News.
- The Bengals re-signed backup LB Brandon Johnson ($1.759 million).
- The Eagles announced G Max Jean-Gilles signed his tender offer. Jean-Gilles, a fourth-round pick in 2006, was tendered at the original-round level ($1.176 million).
- The Falcons signed four players to their tender offers: OT Tyson Clabo ($2.521 million), G Harvey Dahl ($2.521 million), OT Quinn Ojinnaka ( $1.176 million) and RB Jason Snelling ($1.684 million). Clabo and Dahl reportedly received first-round tenders, while Ojinnaka received a fifth-round tender and Snelling was extended a tender at the second-round level.
- According to the New York Post, the Giants were expected to sign DT Barry Cofield ($1.759), LB Gerris Wilkinson ($1.176), WR Domenik Hixon ($1.684) and WR Derek Hagan ($1.176) Thursday.
- The Chiefs announced QB Brodie Croyle, C Rudy Niswanger and OT Ryan O’Callaghan have signed their restricted free agent tenders.
- According to The Times-Picayune, Saints S Usama Young was expected to sign his one-year tender.
- Cowboys S Patrick Watkins, who was tendered at the original-round level ($1.176 million), has signed his tender.
- Titans RB LenDale White has signed his one-year tender offer ($1,759,000 million). White was tendered at a second-round level.
This is a list that will certainly get longer by the end of the day.