Published: April 4th, 2010 | Tags: Anthony Hargrove, Billy Devaney, Brad Childress, Brett Favre, Buffalo Bills, Darius Reynaud, Detroit Lions, Marshawn Lynch, Martin Mayhew, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, pierre thomas, Santonio Holmes, St. Louis Rams
Saints RB Pierre Thomas is one of the many restricted free agents who have yet to sign the tender offers from their original teams.
While players have until April 15 to do so, Thomas isn’t hiding the fact where he wants to be. He has yet to make any visits, and hinted that the two sides are working on a long-term deal.
“We’re working on something,” Thomas told Sheldon Mickles of The Times-Picayne “I’m hoping it’s sooner than later because I want to feel like I’m here. The fans gave me a shot, the Saints gave me a shot. This is where I want to be.”
Here’s a look at some of the other reports that have our attention:
- Favre Watch never ceases, not even on Easter Weekend. The Star Tribune’s Judd Zulgad passed along some quotes from Brad Childress from a radio interview with KSTP in which he says nothing has really changed. That, and he’s not sure Favre has even thought about his plans. Um, ok … anyways, here’s what he said: “I still don’t, one way or the other,” Childress said. “I don’t know if he’s even thought about it or contemplated it. I [talked] with him briefly last week and I’m sure we’ll narrow it down as we get a little bit further.”
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Ed Bouchette isn’t the first to suggest that Santonio Holmes’ future with the Steelers could be in jeopardy, but he takes an interesting look back at a previous interview with Holmes.
- Billy Devaney and the Rams continue to wait to see if anyone will make an offer they can’t refuse for the No. 1 overall pick, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. That’s not new. But Jim Thomas does take a look at the four instances since 1993 that a team has traded up to the top spot.
- If the Lions do land Saints restricted free agent DT Anthony Hargrove, GM Martin Mayhew admitted to the The Detroit News much of it would be due to his close relationship with agent Philip Williams, who was also his agent when he was a player. The Lions have until April 15 to sign Hargrove, who was extended a third-round tender by the Saints, to an offer sheet.
- Marshawn Lynch hasn’t been around the Bills this offseason, and according to The Buffalo News, the word in the locker room is that he would “not be disappointed at all if he were shipped elsewhere.”