Published: March 5th, 2010 | Tags: 2010 Free Agency, Andy Reid, Antonio Cromartie, Antrel Rolle, Arnaz Battle, Brandon Manumaleuna, Chester Taylor, David Carr, Donovan McNabb, Greg Olsen, Laveranues Coles, Philadelphia Eagles
Sources tell Fox 29 News in Philadelphia that the Eagles are divided on whether to trade QB Donovan McNabb.
While no potential trading partner has yet to emerge — that includes the St. Louis Rams — coach Andy Reid is reportedly set to veto any deal for his veteran quarterback, according to the station’s official Web site.
While there are reportedly a number of teams interested in McNabb, the Rams are not one of them, the site reports.
The rumors are coming in fast a furious. Here’s a sample of some notes making their way Around the Web on the first Friday of free agency:
- While Chester Taylor has a deal with the Bears, one reports says the Vikings made a strong push to re-sign the veteran back.
- One day after he was released by the Cardinals, safety Antrel Rolle is being pursued by the New York Giants.
- Now that TE Brandon Manumaleuna has agreed to terms with the Bears, the question remains — what does it all mean for TE Greg Olsen? Dan Pompei of the Chicago Sun-Times writes the Bears would be wise to hold on to one of their best players.
- Buried in the Newark Star-Ledger‘s story of the Jets trading for CB Antonio Cromartie is the thought that WR Laveranues Coles is interest in returning to the Jets.
- Former Texans starter and Giants backup QB David Carr will travel to San Francisco this weekend to meet with the 49ers.
- Speaking of the Niners, longtime receiver Arnaz Battle has set up visits with the division-rival Seahawks, as well as the Steelers.