With the Giants’ recent release of LB Antonio Pierce and the Cardinals reportedly not opting to place the franchise tag on Karlos Dansby, New York might want to think about bringing him aboard as the March 5 signing period approaches, writes the New York Post:
The release of Antonio Pierce leaves the Giants without a proven or experienced middle linebacker, but if they want to pursue Dansby they are going to have to go against their long-standing track record of steering clear of the most expensive players.
Dansby recently said the Giants were among the four teams he’d be interested in playing for.
Here’s a look at other stories from Around the Web:
- WR Antonio Bryant to the Dolphins? Maybe, maybe not.
- Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch may be available for the Lions, who could use his help.
- 49ers QB and former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith didn’t “excel” in 2009. But he did “improve.”
- 49ers TE Vernon Davis, who was named honorary captain of the U.S. Curling team, was on hand to watch the American’s first victory at the Winter Olympics.
- The Cowboys could still spend part of training camp in Oxnard, Calif.