While the Saints returned to New Orleans and prepared for their championship parade, just 11 people welcomed home the Super Bowl-losing Colts on Monday, according to the Indianapolis Star.
“Win or lose, they’re still our team,” said Karen Calhoun, who carried a “Where’s the parade” sign.
Unfortunately for Colts fans, the parade will be in New Orleans.
Other interesting news on a Tuesday morning.
- Talk about adding insult to injury. The Saints’ Super Bowl T-shirt are being made at an Adidas plant in Indianapolis.
- Louisiana State Senator A.G. Crowe wants a “Who Dat Nation” specialty license plate.
- Super Bowl commercials are fun and games until somebody gets hurt, according to Los Angeles Times columnist T.J. Simers.
- Everyone is discussing whether the Eagles will trade one of their three quarterbacks, but the Philadelphia Daily News reports that nothing is close to happening.
- New Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz “made a great impression,” WR Earl Bennett told the team’s official Web site.
- Kerry Collins might be the Titans’ backup QB next season, but after he’s finished with football, he wants to be a country songwriter, according to a Nashville Web site.