We just finished the 4.5-hour NFL GameDay pregame show. Hope you enjoyed it on NFL Network!
I’m here on location at the Superdome, and as the teams take field, here are a couple thoughts:
- Saints QB Drew Brees and Cardinals QB Kurt Warner looked sharp in warmups, as you’d expect.
- No Anquan Boldin for the Cardinals … no surprise (I was at the divisional-round playoff game last year when the Cards came on the road as underdogs and — without Boldin — beat the Panthers. Possible repeat scenario??).
- Saints coach Sean Payton came to the stadium OVER FIVE HOURS BEFORE KICKOFF (the players usually arrive 2-3 hours before kickoff). If you have any jewelry that needs shaping, bring it on by … his intensity could cut diamonds.
- It’s an open press box here at the Superdome. I’ve been to just about every stadium in the NFL … this one is top three when it’s cranked up.
- Saints RB Deuce McAllister, who was re-signed for this occassion, just lead team onto the field … this place is ROCKIN!
- There was a trumpet solo for the National Anthem, and when the crowd realized it, most started singing the lyrics out loud. GOOSE BUMPS!! Of course, this is coming from a guy who’s ex-girlfriend dubbed him “Captain America” because of my zealous patriotism. Ha!
— Scott Hanson