There have been a number of injuries to major fantasy players today, all of which have likely altered league championships across the board.
- Dolphins RB Ricky Williams injured his shoulder against the Texans and was forced out of the game. If he can’t play next week, RB Lex Hilliard will be a hot name on the waiver wire.
- Panthers WR Steve Smith suffered a broken arm after catching a touchdown pass against the Giants. He had posted 12 fantasy points before exiting, but owners who play into Week 17 won’t have him available.
- Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez suffered an injured calf against the Bills and missed most of the second half. He finished with one fantasy point in standard leagues.
- Giants RB Brandon Jacobs hurt his knee against the Panthers and went to the locker room. He had done nothing in the contest before suffering the injury. RB Ahmad Bradshaw is clearly the better fantasy option.
- Saints RB Pierre Thomas left with bruised ribs against the Buccaneers and missed substantial time in the contest. RB Mike Bell could be a fantasy star next week if Thomas is out.