Published: December 23rd, 2009 | Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Brian Brohm, Bryant McFadden, Charles Woodson, Chris Crocker, Corey Webster, Cullen Jenkins, Darren Sharper, Devin Hester, Domata Peko, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Ed Reed, Fred Taylor, Haloti Ngata, Hines Ward, jarvis green, Jeremy Maclin, Jeremy Shockey, Johnny Jolly, Kareem McKenzie, Lance Briggs, Larry Fitzgerald, Mark Clayton, Matt Birk, Michael Boley, Michael Vick, Nick Barnett, Nick Collins, Nick Hardwick, Reggie Bush, Rich Seubert, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Pickett, Scott Mruczkowski, Shawne Merriman, Tank Johnson, Todd Heap, Trent Edwards, Troy Polamalu, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Week 16 injuries
As teams around the league prepare for Week 16, here’s an update on some notable names from injury reports released Wednesday:
- The Ravens held S Ed Reed (groin) out of practice. Reed was listed as questionable last week, but he missed his third consecutive game. A number of Ravens were listed as being limited in practice, including C Matt Birk (neck), WR Mark Clayton (knee), TE Todd Heap (chest) and DT Haloti Ngata (ankle).
- The Chargers continue their practice of resting LB Shawne Merriman (foot), who sat out for the second day in a row. In a positive development, C Nick Hardwick (ankle) fully practiced for the second consecutive day. A return by Hardwick, who hasn’t played since the season opener, would be a boost after Scott Mruczkowski, who was starting in his place, was put on IR.
- Steelers S Troy Polamalu (knee) didn’t practice and doesn’t expect to play against the Ravens, and WR Hines Ward (hamstring) also didn’t practice, although he often sits out on Wednesdays.
- The Bills held out QBs Trent Edwards (ankle) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (ankle), making it more likely that Brian Brohm will start against the Falcons.
- The Giants have a lengthy injury list with 14 players, but they conducted only a walk-through Wednesday. They listed LB Michael Boley (triceps), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (ankles, foot), OT Kareem McKenzie (knee), G Rich Seubert (knee) and CB Corey Webster (knee) as being out in what amounts to a projected report.
- The Eagles have few injuries at this late stage in the season, as QB Michael Vick (quadricep) was the only player listed as missing practice. Rookie WR Jeremy Maclin (foot) fully practiced after sitting out in Week 15.
- Patriots RB Fred Taylor (ankle) fully practiced for the first time since he was sidelined by surgery in October, and the team listed a number of defensive linemen as being limited: DE Jarvis Green (knee), DE Ty Warren (ankle) and DT Vince Wilfork (foot). Warren and Wilfork sat out last week’s game against the Panthers.
- The Bengals held out S Chris Crocker (ankle), DT Tank Johnson (foot) and DT Domata Peko (knee).
- The Packers rested LB Nick Barnett (knee), DE Johnny Jolly (knee), DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring) and CB Charles Woodson (shoulder), and S Nick Collins (calf), DE Cullen Jenkins (quadricep) were listed as limited. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jolly and Jenkins have a chance to play against the Seahawks, but Pickett “took a step backwards.”
- The Cardinals listed WR Larry Fitzgerald (knee), CB Bryant McFadden (hamstring) and CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (toe) as limited, but all are expected to play.
- The Saints listed 17 players on Wednesday’s report. Veteran S Darren Sharper (knee) didn’t practice, and RB Reggie Bush (hamstring), TE Jeremy Shockey (toe) and LB Jonathan Vilma (knee) were among those listed as limited. Bush left last week’s game aginst the Cowboys and didn’t return, and Shockey sat out after he was listed as questionable.
- Bears WR Devin Hester (calf), who hasn’t played in two weeks, was limited Wednesday, and LB Lance Briggs (back) was held out.
View the official Week 16 injury reports from all 32 teams.