Published: December 21st, 2009 | Tags: Aaron Curry, Adewale Ogunleye, Brandon Myers, Bryan Scott, Charlie Frye, DeAngelo Williams, Eddie Royal, Jacques Cesaire, Jim Mora, John Harbaugh, Keith Bulluck, Lardarius Webb, Lovie Smith, Michael Turner, Michael Vick, Quentin Jammer, Sammie Stroughter, Tanard Jackson, Terrence McGee, Trent Edwards, Week 15 injuries
A quick look around the league at some of the notable injuries in Week 15:
- Eagles QB Michael Vick was forced out against the 49ers during the first quarter with a bruised thigh and did not return.
- Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams injured his left ankle during the first quarter against the Vikings and didn’t return.
- Titans LB Keith Bulluck sprained his left knee in Sunday’s 27-24 overtime win vs. the Dolphins and did not return.
- Falcons RB Michael Turner started against the Jets, but lasted only one play before aggravating his ankle injury. He didn’t return to the game.
- Ravens CB Lardarius Webb sustained a knee injury in the third quarter against the Bears and didn’t return. Webb was on crutches following the game, according to the team’s official Web site. Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he was “not optimistic.”
- Bears coach Lovie Smith announced DE Adewale Ogunleye broke his left leg in the Bears’ 31-7 loss to the Ravens.
- Seahawks rookie LB Aaron Curry left Sunday’s game with a left shoulder stinger. Seahawks coach Jim Mora said Curry didn’t return because he was unable to regain strength in his shoulder and arm.
- The Raiders lost QB Charlie Frye to a head injury during the fourth quarter against the Broncos. Oakland TE Brandon Myers also left the game due to a concussion.
- The Chargers lost CB Quentin Jammer (left knee) and DL Jacques Cesaire (elbow) to injuries in their 27-24 win over the Bengals.
- Bills CB Terrence McGee suffered a right arm injury during the third quarter against the Patriots. Buffalo also lost QB Trent Edwards to a right ankle injury after he briefly replaced starter Ryan Fitzpatrick. OLB Bryan Scott also sustained a head injury.
- Bucs WR Sammie Stroughter (sprained foot) and S Tanard Jackson (knee) sustained injuries against the Seahawks.
- Broncos WR Eddie Royal injured his neck against the Raiders, but no update was available.