Michael Fabiano | Tags: Aaron Brown, Bernard Berrian, Calvin Johnson, Darrelle Revis, Kenneth Darby, Kevin Smith, Kyle Boller, Larry Fitzgerald, Matt Ryan, Maurice Morris, Michael Turner, Percy Harvin, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Samkon Gado, Sidney Rice, Steven Jackson, Terrell Owens, Vince Young
- The Arizona Republic reports that Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald (knee) saw increased practice reps on Friday and said there is “no doubt” he will play in Week 15. Barring setbacks, the fantasy superstar is a must-start in what is a tremendously favorable matchup agianst the Lions. Their defense has allowed the third-most fantasy points to wide receivers this season.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson (knee) will be a game-time decision to face the Cardinals, coach Jim Schwartz told the Detroit Free Press. The matchup for Megatron is favorable, as the Cards have allowed the sixth-most fantasy points to wideouts and CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has a slight case of turf toe. Be sure to check out inactives before making a final decision on the talented receiver.
- Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that RB Steven Jackson missed Friday’s practice with “flu-like symptoms.” Spags would not say whether Jackson has swine flu, which had been contracted by QB Kyle Boller. This is bad news for fantasy owners, as Jackson’s backups (RBs Kenneth Darby, Samkon Gado) are significant downgrades should Jackson be inactive.
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan (toe) and RB Michael Turner (ankle) were both limited in Friday’s practice and are questionable for Week 15. It might be a game-time call on both players, so fantasy owners should lean on healthier alternatives. Even if Turner is able to play, he’s already admitted that he isn’t 100 percent. Even if Ryan plays, owners should still sit WR Roddy White against Jets CB Darrelle Revis.
- Titans QB Vince Young (hamstring) was able to put in a full practice on Friday and appears set to start against the Dolphins, according to the Nashville Tennessean. He is a risky option for fantasy owners, however, as Young started last week only to aggravate the ailment and miss part of the contest. The matchup is a favorable one, but Young comes with some risk because of his ailment.
- Bills WR Terrell Owens (illness) was unable to practice on Friday and is listed as questionable to face the Patriots. Even if he’s active, T.O. should be seen as no more than a No. 2 fantasy option in Week 15. The Patriots have allowed the seventh-most fantasy points to wideouts this season, but Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has failed to top 100 passing yards in two straight games.
- The Pioneer Press reports that Vikings WR Sidney Rice (flu) is listed as questionable to face the Panthers in Week 15. WR Percy Harvin (migraines) is also questionable, so WR Bernard Berrian could be in for a spike in targets if both wideouts are out. Since this game is on Sunday night, fantasy owners should start Rice and Harvin with extreme caution. You don’t want to wind up with a goose egg in the fantasy postseason.
- Lions OC Scott Linehan confirmed to the Detroit Free Press that RB Maurice Morris will be his team’s featured back against the Cardinals. RB Kevin Smith (knee) is out for the season, and rookie RB Aaron Brown won’t see more than a change-of-pace role. Morris won’t light the fantasy world on fire, but he’s worth a flex start in larger leagues. The Cards rank 17th against the run.