Published: December 17th, 2009 | Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Albert Haynesworth, Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Calvin Johnson, DeAngelo Hall, DeMarcus Ware, Fred Taylor, Hines Ward, Lance Moore, Mario Manningham, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Mike Bell, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets, Nick Barnett, Nick Hardwick, Percy Harvin, Pittsburgh Steelers, Quentin Jammer, Rex Ryan, Ryan Pickett, San Diego Chargers, Shaun Phillips, Shawne Merriman, Terrell Owens, Tom Brady, Washington Redskins, Week 15 injuries
Teams have released their practice participation reports for Thursday. Here are some of the notable developments:
- Jets QB Mark Sanchez (knee) fully practiced after being limited the day before. Coach Rex Ryan is being hesitant about committing to Sanchez for Sunday’s game against the Falcons, despite Sanchez saying he “feels confident” he’ll be ready to go.
- Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald (knee) was limited for the second consecutive day. Fitzgerald is trying to recover from an injury suffered against the 49ers, in which his knee was pinned awkwardly against a defender.
- Patriots QB Tom Brady (right shoulder/right finger/rib) was limited in practice after sitting out on Wednesday. RB Fred Taylor (ankle), who practiced on Wednesday, did not participate, which looks like a setback in his bid to play for the first time since being injured on Oct. 4.
- Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware (wrist, neck) was at practice on Thursday, even though the team listed him as not practicing. Ware is trying to return less than a week after suffering a neck strain against the Chargers.
- Falcons RB Michael Turner (ankle) returned on a limited basis on Thursday, after missing Wednesday’s practice. Turner has missed the previous two games with the injury. Meanwhile, Falcons QB Matt Ryan (toe), who has also missed two consecutive games, was also limited on Thursday.
- The Giants went through their first day of practice in preparation of Monday night’s game against the Redskins without RB Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle/foot) and WR Mario Manningham (illness).
- Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall (knee) and DT Albert Haynesworth (ankle) were limited in practice. Both players hope to return to action after missing last week’s win in Oakland.
- The Chargers practiced for the second consecutive day without C Nick Hardwick (ankle) and OLB Shawne Merriman (foot), while CB Quentin Jammer (toe) and OLB Shaun Phillips (ankle) were full participants after missing the day before.
- Bills WR Terrell Owens (illness) did not practice on Thursday.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson (knee) missed practice after being limited the day before.
- Steelers WR Hines Ward (hamstring) fully practiced after resting on Wednesday.
- Vikings WR Percy Harvin (illness) was forced to miss his second day of practice because of migraine headaches.
- Packers LB Nick Barnett (knee) fully practiced after missing the day before, while DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring) was limited.
- Saints RB Mike Bell (wrist, knee), who sat out last week’s win over Atlanta, fully practiced for the second straight day, as did WR Lance Moore (ankle, hamstring), who hasn’t played in a game since Nov. 2.
Check out NFL.com’s injuries page for the latest reports.