Published: December 9th, 2009 | Tags: Adrian Peterson, Antoine Bethea, Antoine Winfield, B.J. Raji, Bernard Berrian, Brian Westbrook, Chad Clifton, Charles Woodson, Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Demetrius Bell, Devin Hester, Donald Strickland, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed, Jairus Byrd, Jake Delhomme, Jared Gaither, Jason Smith, Jason Taylor, Jermichael Finley, Joey Porter, Jonathan Stewart, Kellen Winslow, Lance Briggs, Luis Castillo, Mark Clayton, Mark Sanchez, Matt Moore, Matt Ryan, Maurice Jones-Drew, Mike Sims-Walker, Nate Washington, Nick Hardwick, Orlando Pace, Pat Williams, Percy Harvin, Rashean Mathis, Robert Mathis, Shaun Ellis, Shaun Phillips, Shawne Merriman, Steve Hutchinson, Steve Wyche, Steven Jackson, Terrell Suggs, Tommie Harris, Tyrell Johnson, Visanthe Shiancoe, Week 14 injuries
Teams have released their Week 14 practice participation reports for Wednesday. Here’s a look at some of the notable developments:
- Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams (ankle) returned to practice on a full basis after missing last week’s victory over the Buccaneers. Williams injured himself in Week 12 against the Jets. QB Jake Delhomme (right finger) missed practice, making it likely that Matt Moore will start for the second consecutive week. Also, RB Jonathan Stewart (Achilles) missed practice, but that has become routine for him on Wednesdays.
- The Vikings practiced without RB Adrian Peterson (foot, ankle), WR Percy Harvin (illness), S Tyrell Johnson (concussion), and T Phil Loadholt (shoulder), whom QB Brett Favre indicated might have dislocated his shoulder. Limited for Minnesota were WR Bernard Berrian (hamstring), CB Cedric Griffin (neck), G Anthony Herrera (concussion), G Steve Hutchinson (shoulder), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (ribs), DT Pat Williams (foot), and CB Antoine Winfield (foot). Winfield hasn’t played in six weeks.
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan (toe) didn’t practice, and his status for returning this Sunday against the Saints depends on the status of G Harvey Dahl (ankle) and LT Sam Baker (elbow), NFL.com’s Steve Wyche reports.
- Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (concussion) practiced on a limited basis and might be able to play Sunday against the Giants. If he does play, it would be Westbrook’s first game since suffering his second concussion this season on Nov. 15 in San Diego. Meanwhile, WR Kevin Curtis (knee) was limited, and he hasn’t played since Week 3. WR Jeremy Maclin (foot) didn’t practice.
- The Jets have opted to rest QB Mark Sanchez, making Kellen Clemens the starter for Sunday’s game against the Bucs. Meanwhile, DE Shaun Ellis (knee) and CB Donald Strickland (concussion) were limited in practice.
- Titans RB Chris Johnson (ankle) didn’t practice, and WR Nate Washington (ankle) was limited.
- The Colts rested DE Dwight Freeney and CB Antoine Bethea, who sat out practice, while the absences of DE Robert Mathis (quadriceps) and LB Clint Session (calf) were injury related.
- Chargers LB Shawne Merriman (foot), who didn’t play in last weekend’s victory over the Browns, was limited, and C Nick Hardwick (ankle) and LB Shaun Phillips (ankle) sat out. DE Luis Castillo, who has missed the previous two games, fully practiced.
- The Rams practiced without RB Steven Jackson (back), who continues to deal with spasms but hasn’t missed any games, as well as OT Jason Smith (concussion).
- Bills LT Demetrius Bell (knee) missed practice after missing his third consecutive game last weekend, and S Jairus Byrd (groin) was limited. Byrd has been dealing with the injury for some time now but hasn’t missed any games.
- Ravens LB Terrell Suggs (knee), who hasn’t played in three games, was limited in practice. WR Mark Clayton (knee), OT Jared Gaither (foot) and S Ed Reed (groin, foot) didn’t participate. Reed was a last-minute scratch from Monday night’s loss to the Packers.
- Packers OT Chad Clifton (hamstring), TE Jermichael Finley (knee), DE B.J. Raji (ankle), and CB Charles Woodson (shoulder) were all limited. LB Nick Barnett (knee) and DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring) didn’t practice.
- Bears WR Devin Hester (calf) missed practice after injuring himself in last weekend’s victory over the Rams. LB Lance Briggs (knee), who was sidelined against St. Louis, was limited, as were DT Tommie Harris (knee), DT Israel Idonije (knee) and OT Orlando Pace (groin), who also sat out the Rams game.
- Dolphins LBs Joey Porter (knee) and Jason Taylor (shoulder) didn’t practice.
- Jaguars CB Rashean Mathis (groin), who has missed the previous three games, was limited, as was WR Mike Sims-Walker (calf). RB Maurice Jones-Drew (knee) missed practice, although that has become routine for him this time of year.
- Bucs TE Kellen Winslow (knee) didn’t practice.
Check out NFL.com’s injuries page for the latest reports.