Published: December 6th, 2009 | Tags: Ahmard Hall, Albert Haynesworth, Antwaan Randle El, C.J. Mosley, Chris Crocker, Chris Snee, Clifton Smith, Cornelius Griffin, Daunte Culpepper, Devin Hester, Gary Kubiak, Jared Cook, Jason Peters, Kedric Golston, Matt Schaub, Matthew Stafford, Michael Griffin, Oshiomogho Atogwe, Robaire Smith, Ryan Harris, Shaun Cody, Week 13 injuries, William Gay
Here’s a look around the league at some of the notable injuries in Week 13:
- Bears WR Devin Hester sustained a calf injury during the second quarter against the Rams and did not return. Rams FS Oshiomogho Atogwe left the game with a shoulder injury, and is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford aggravated his injured non-throwing shoulder late in the 23-13 loss to the Bengals. He was relieved by Daunte Culpepper and watched the end of the game from the sideline. Stafford says he’ll consider sitting out a game or two to heal the injury.
- Broncos RT Ryan Harris left against the Chiefs during the first quarter with a foot injury and did not return. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels doesn’t believe the injury is serious.
- The Eagles lost LT Jason Peters to a head injury during the second quarter against the Falcons.
- Steelers CB William Gay sustained an apparent concussion late in the 27-24 loss to the Raiders after an accidental helmet-to-helmet collision with teammate Ryan Mundy.
- Texans QB Matt Schaub was forced out by a dislocated left shoulder during the first quarter against the Jaguars, but was able to return midway through the second quarter. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said medical personnel were able to put the shoulder back into place, allowing Schaub to return. Texans LB Xavier Adibi (hamstring) and DT Shaun Cody (ankle) were also injured.
- The Titans lost S Michael Griffin (shoulder), TE Jared Cook (concussion) and FB Ahmard Hall (ankle) to injuries against the Colts.
- Buccaneers KR Clifton Smith sustained a concussion on the opening kickoff against the Panthers and didn’t return.
- Giants OG Chris Snee suffered a knee injury against the Cowboys.
- Bengals FS Chris Crocker underwent an MRI exam at halftime against the Lions for an undisclosed injury. Coach Marvin Lewis didn’t reveal the exact injury, and results of the tests weren’t immediately available.
- Browns DT C.J. Mosley injured his right ankle against the Chargers and left the stadium on crutches. DE Robaire Smith also left the game with an injury.
- The Redskins lost DT Cornelius Griffin (sprained knee), WR Antwaan Randle El (sprained shoulder), DT Kedric Golston (sprained elbow) and DT Albert Haynesworth (sprained ankle) to injuries. Haynesworth was able to return to the game.