Published: December 2nd, 2009 | Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Albert Haynesworth, Ben Roethlisberger, Bernard Scott, Cedric Benson, Clinton Portis, Danny Ware, DeAngelo Williams, DeSean Jackson, Jake Delhomme, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Jones, Kurt Warner, Lance Briggs, Maurice Jones-Drew, Mike Bell, Mike Sims-Walker, Orlando Pace, pierre thomas, Reggie Bush, Shawne Merriman, Steve Slaton, Steven Jackson, Week 13 injuries
Teams have released their practice participation reports for Wednesday. Here’s what’s happening with some of the notable injuries:
- Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams (ankle), QB Jake Delhomme (right finger) and RB Jonathan Stewart (Achilles) did not practice on Wednesday. Delhomme is expected to miss Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay, with Matt Moore starting in his place. Williams was injured last week but did return to play in the game.
- Bengals RB Cedric Benson (hip), who has missed the previous two games, was a full participant on Wednesday and is expected to start against the Lions. RB Bernard Scott (toe), who has started in place of Benson, is on crutches and did not practice.
- The Saints had 14 players who were listed as limited on Wednesday. Among them: RB Pierre Thomas (wrist), RB Mike Bell (knee/neck), RB Reggie Bush (knee), LB Jonathan Vilma (knee), LB Scott Fujita (knee), TE Jeremy Shockey (elbow), CB Jabari Greer (groin), and CB Chris McAlister (knee). CB Randall Gay (hamstring), CB Tracy Porter (knee), and WR Lance Moore (ankle/hamstring), and LB Marvin Mitchell (hamstring) missed practice.
- The Giants could be very thin at running back with backup Danny Ware (concussion) already ruled out against the Cowboys and Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle/foot) missing Wednesday’s practice and in jeopardy of missing his second straight game.
- Rams RB Steven Jackson (back) did not practice, although that was to be expected after he played last Sunday despite missing practice all week with back spasms. The Rams also held out C Jason Brown (knee) and T Jason Smith (concussion) from Wednesday’s workout, while James Laurinaitis (shoulder) and G Richie Incognito (foot) were limited.
- Seahawks RB Julius Jones (chest), who has missed the previous two games, fully practiced on Wednesday, which bodes well for his chances to play against the 49ers.
- Cardinals QB Kurt Warner (head) fully participated after missing last week’s game in Tennessee with a concussion.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head) took part in a full practice and is expected to play Sunday against the Raiders.
- Chargers LB Shawne Merriman (foot), who played sparingly against the Chiefs last week, sat out on Wednesday.
- Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth (ankle) was limited in practice as he tries to return after missing the last two games. FB Mike Sellers (ankle) was also limited while CB DeAngelo Hall (knee), who missed last week’s game, did not practice. RB Clinton Portis (concussion) has already been ruled out.
- Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (concussion) didn’t practice and his status is uncertain.
- Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew (knee) didn’t practice, although that has become the norm with Jacksonville’s leading rusher on Wednesdays. Meanwhile, WR Mike Sims-Walker (knee) and LB Justin Durant (head) were both listed as limited in practice.
- Texans RB Steve Slaton (neck) and LB DeMeco Ryans (ankle) were both limited, while LB Brian Cushing (foot) and OT Duane Brown (knee) sat out. Cushing, who’s been hampered by the foot for most of the season, was given a day of rest.
- The Bears had four players sit out: LB Lance Briggs (knee), DE Alex Brown (calf), T Orlando Pace (groin), and CB Charles Tillman (concussion).
Check out NFL.com’s injuries page for the latest updates.