Published: November 30th, 2009 | Tags: Alex Brown, Brent Celek, Brodrick Bunkley, Charles Tillman, DeSean Jackson, Eric Weddle, Harvey Dahl, Jason Brown, Lance Briggs, Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Orlando Pace, Sam Baker, Shaun Rogers, Shawne Merriman, Tank Tyler, Week 12 injuries
Here’s a brief look at some of the notable injuries we’re tracking in Week 12:
- Browns NT Shaun Rogers suffered an undisclosed leg injury late in the game against the Bengals, which the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting will sideline him for the remainder of the season.
- The Eagles lost WR DeSean Jackson to a concussion against the Redskins. Coach Andy Reid had little to say about the injury, other than Jackson will be evaluated further on Monday. The Eagles also lost DT Brodrick Bunkley (left ankle) and TE Brent Celek (thumb) to injuries.
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan sustained a right toe injury and RB Michael Turner aggravated his right ankle injury in Sunday’s win over the Buccaneers. Falcons coach Mike Smith didn’t provide any updates on the injuries, saying the team would know more on Wednesday. The Falcons also lost OT Sam Baker (left elbow) and OG Harvey Dahl (right ankle and Achilles’ tendon) in the game.
- Chargers OLB Shawne Merriman (foot) and FS Eric Weddle (knee) were injured against the Chiefs and did not return to the game.
- Bears coach Lovie Smith announced injuries to several players: LB Lance Briggs (knee), CB Charles Tillman (head), LT Orlando Pace (groin) and DE Alex Brown (leg). Briggs was injured during the first quarter, and then returned before aggravating the injury.
- Panthers DT Tank Tyler left Sunday’s game late during the first half with a right leg injury and didn’t return. Panther coach John Fox said Tyler didn’t sustain any broken bones.
- Rams starter C Jason Brown left with a sprained right knee against the Seahawks Sunday. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam Monday.