Published: November 27th, 2009 | Tags: Adrian Peterson, Atlanta Falcons, Ben Roethlisberger, Cedric Benson, Cincinnati Bengals, Donald Strickland, Dwight Freeney, Ed Reed, Indianapolis Colts, Isaac Bruce, Jacksonville Jaguars, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Jones, Kelvin Hayden, Luis Castillo, Michael Turner, Minnesota Vikings, Rashean Mathis, Ray Lewis, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Shawne Merriman, Steven Jackson, Takeo Spikes, Troy Polamalu, Week 12 injuries
Teams have released their official Friday injury reports for Week 12. Here’s a look at some of the notable names:
- Bengals RB Cedric Benson (hip) returned to take part in a limited portion of practice on Friday and is officially questionable for Sunday against the Browns, although a good sign is that coach Marvin Lewis said Benson is ready to play. LB Keith Rivers (calf) is also questionable.
- The Vikings have RB Adrian Peterson (ankle, illness) and CB Antoine Winfield (foot) listed as questionable, while starting RG Anthony Herrera (concussion) missed practice all week and is doubtful. Vikings coach Brad Childress indicated he believes Peterson will be fine to face the Bears.
- Falcons RB Michael Turner (ankle), who was limited all week after missing last week’s game, is officially questionable for Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay.
- Rams RB Steven Jackson missed practice for the third straight day and is officially questionable.
- The Steelers won’t have S Troy Polamalu (knee) for the second consecutive game against the Ravens. Ben Roethlisberger (head) is listed as questionable, but may decide sit out as a precaution. DE Travis Kirschke is also questionable.
- RB Julius Jones (chest), who missed last week’s game, is questionable for the Seahawks. Coach Jim Mora revealed Friday that Jones is still in pain and will be a game-time decision.
- Chargers DE Luis Castillo (calf) missed practice all week and is officially doubtful, while LB Shawne Merriman (foot) and C Nick Hardwick (ankle) are both questionable. Merriman was also held out of practice this week.
- LB Ray Lewis (foot) and S Ed Reed (illness, foot) are both questionable for the Ravens.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (Achilles) is listed as questionable, as usual, but he took part in full practice on Thursday and Friday.
- The Jets ruled out CB Dwight Lowery (ankle) and CB Donald Strickland (concussion) for the game against the Panthers.
- Colts CB Kelvin Hayden (knee), who has missed three straight games, is questionable, as is DE Dwight Freeney (abdomen). Freeney hasn’t practiced all week, while Hayden was limited on Friday.
- Jaguars CB Rashean Mathis (groin) will miss his second straight game after being ruled out for Sunday’s game against the 49ers.
- 49ers WR Isaac Bruce (ankle) and RB Michael Robinson (shoulder) are doubtful, while LB Takeo Spikes (hamstring), who missed last week’s game, is questionable.
You can view the official NFL injury report by clicking here.