Published: November 23rd, 2009 | Tags: Aaron Kampman, Al Harris, Ben Roethlisberger, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Dawkins, Chad Rinehart, Chris Kemoeatu, Eric Wood, Isaiah Ekejiuba, Jeromey Clary, John McCargo, Kurt Warner, Ladell Betts, Marc Bulger, Marshawn Lynch, Matthew Stafford, Randall Gay, Richard Seymour, Seth McKinney, Week 11 injuries
Here’s a brief look at the notable injuries we’ve been tracking around the NFL throughout Week 11:
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger took a knee to the helmet in overtime against the Chiefs. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin wasn’t sure about the severity of the injury. The Steelers also lost starting LG Chris Kemoeatu to a knee injury.
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford sustained a left shoulder injury near the end of the 38-37 win over the Browns. Lions coach Jim Schwartz said X-rays of the shoulder were negative, but had no other updates on the injury.
- Cardinals QB Kurt Warner exited Sunday’s win over the Rams during the second quarter after taking a blow to the head and was replaced by Matt Leinart. Warner said he didn’t feel the injury was serious and told the team’s official Web site he expects to play next week.
- Rams QB Marc Bulger said he took a hit to the head late in the same game, and will undergo evaluation on Monday.
- The Chargers lost RT Jeromey Clary to an apparent lower left leg injury.
- The Bills suffered another rash of injuries in Week 11. RB Marshawn Lynch (shoulder), G Eric Wood (broken leg), G Seth McKinney (knee) and DT John McCargo (calf) left the game and did not return. Wood appears to be the most serious of the injuries. He remained in Jacksonville overnight to have surgery after breaking his tibia and fibula.
- Two cornerstones of the Packers’ defense, LB Aaron Kampman and CB Al Harris, exited with serious knee injuries against the 49ers. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the injuries were cause for concern, but the team would know more details Monday.
- Two Redskins suffered potential season-ending injuries against the Cowboys — RB Ladell Betts (torn MCL) and OG Chad Rinehart (broken fibula). Redskins coach Jim Zorn said Betts would undergo an MRI exam on Monday.
- Giants RB Brandon Jacobs sat out the end of the 34-31 win over the Falcons with a right leg injury.
- The Raiders lost DE Richard Seymour (strained lower back) and LB Isaiah Ekejiuba (knee) to injuries against the Bengals. Raiders coach Tom Cable indicated Ekejiuba’s injury could be serious.
- Saints CB Randall Gay left early against the Bucs with a hamstring injury, a condition the Saints are optimistic isn’t serious.
- Broncos S Brian Dawkins missed the second half against the Chargers with a neck injury. The Broncos do not know the extent of the injury.