Hey NFL Fans!
What’s crazier than the NFL season being more than half over is that my days as YOUR Director of Fandemonium are numbered. Applications are due TODAY at www.nfl.monster.com for the greatest NFL job on Earth, and it makes me realize how special this opportunity has been.
The $100,000 signing bonus, draft day announcement, travel and hotels, VIP access to Kickoff Weekend, the Vikings-Packers game, and the International Series game in London were extraordinary. But the best part of being the Director of Fandemonium has been seeing just how passionate football fans really are. With only 16 regular-season games in a year, NFL fans go all out for the teams they love. What a beautiful thing! As I anxiously await my last duties as YOUR Director at the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl, I want to remind you that the last chance to apply for my job is November 16. After that, the field will be narrowed down to 32 finalists (one per team) by the NFL experts before the fan voting starts.
Here is some insider advice from Monster.com on how you can market yourself to be the Director next year:
1. Know your football! The Director of Fandemonium needs to be THE AUTHORITY on everything NFL. I’m throwing a penalty flag if you can’t immediately tell me what the “Steel Curtain” is or who caught “The Catch” in the 1982 NFC Championship Game.
2. Love your team! As a Vikings fan from Hawaii, my Fandemonium had to cross four time zones to watch games live. My favorite color is purple, and I get crazy looks when I hum “Skol, Vikings” around the island. But why do I do it? Because NOTHING is more important than my team winning on Sunday.
3. Connect with other fans! NFL fans are the best in the world so be excited to meet people in person and on the Web. The next Director of Fandemonium better have Facebook and Twitter accounts set up to get and give the lowdown on everything that happens in the trenches.
4. Be organized and have a schedule! Here is my week —Monday: Monday Night Football; Tuesday: talk about Monday Night Football; Wednesday-Friday: blog, think, and prepare for the weekend’s Fandemonium; Saturday: watch college football as an appetizer; SUNDAY: The greatest day of the week!
5. Have a well-prepared resume! Thousands of people want my job. What makes you stand out as the best candidate? The resume should sum up your experience and Fandemonium as concisely as possible. Visit a Monster.com Resume Agent for some professional resume advice.
You can also find additional insight as to what it takes to be the next Director here.
Good luck to all applicants! Keep following along on Facebook at Facebook.com/fandemonium and on Twitter at Twitter.com/monsterdof . In the meantime keep applying again and again at www.nfl.monster.com. Go Vikings!
Monster Director of Fandemonium