Published: November 15th, 2009 | Tags: Albert Haynesworth, Brian Westbrook, Cedric Benson, Demetrius Bell, Jack Williams, Jarrett Dillard, Jim Leonhard, Jordan Gross, Julius Jones, Keenan Burton, Ken Hamlin, Kyle Orton, Marc Colombo, Marquand Manuel, Michael Turner, Mike Jenkins, Rashean Mathis, Ronnie Brown, Stephen Peterman, Tracy Porter, Troy Polamalu, Week 10 injuries
With all of Sunday’s games in the books except one, here’s a look back at the key injuries from Week 11:
- Falcons RB Michael Turner suffered a right ankle injury during the second quarter against the Panthers and did not return. Falcons coach Mike Smith said Turner will undergo tests for the injury Monday.
- Eagles RB Brian Westbrook suffered a concussion in the 31-23 loss to the Chargers, his second of the season, and sat out almost all of the second half.
- Bengals RB Cedric Benson was forced out of the win over the Steelers during the second quarter due to a hip injury. Benson was optimistic about the injury following the game, saying he believes he’ll be OK.
- The Cowboys sustained a number of key injuries in a 17-7 loss to the Packers, starting with the loss of RT Marc Colombo to a broken left leg. Two starters in the secondary — CB Mike Jenkins and FS Ken Hamlin — were forced out by injuries during the third quarter.
- Seahawks RB Julius Jones was sidelined by a chest injury against the Cardinals and did not return.
- Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown was on crutches following the 25-23 win over the Bucs due to a right ankle injury. Brown, who left during the third quarter, said he has X-rays and didn’t think the injury was “too bad.”
- The Panthers lost LT Jordan Gross indefinitely after he broke his right ankle in the 28-19 win over the Falcons.
- Broncos QB Kyle Orton sat out the second half of a 27-17 loss in Washington due to an injured left ankle. Orton, who watched the rest of the game from the sidelines, declined to discuss the injury after the game.
- Steelers FS Troy Polamalu re-injured his left knee in the 18-12 loss to the Bengals. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Polamalu undwerwent an MRI exam following the game.
- The Rams lost WR Keenan Burton to a knee injury during the first quarter of a 28-23 loss to the Saints. Burton was carted off the field following the injury.
- Jets S Jim Leonhard was sidelined by a thumb injury against the Jaguars.
- Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth sprained his left ankle in the second half against the Broncos but said the injury “should be all right,” according to The Associated Press.
- Jaguars coach Jake Del Rio said rookie WR Jarrett Dillard suffered a season-ending broken right ankle against the Jets. CB Rashean Mathis strained his leg midway through the fourth quarter and will be re-evaluated Monday.
- The Saints lost CB Tracy Porter to a knee injury during the third quarter against the Rams.
- Bills rookie LT Demetrius Bell was knocked out of the 41-17 loss to the Titans with a knee injury.
- The Lions sustained a number of injuries against the Vikings. RG Stephen Peterman (leg), CB Jack Williams (knee) and FS Marquand Manuel (shoulder) all left with injuries and did not return.