Published: November 12th, 2009 | Tags: Aaron Schobel, Antoine Winfield, Antonio Gates, Bernard Berrian, Brian Finneran, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, DeAngelo Williams, E.J. Henderson, Fabian Washington, Haloti Ngata, Jerious Norwood, Justin Gage, Keith Rivers, LaDainian Tomlinson, Ladell Betts, Marques Colston, Nick Hardwick, Ray Lewis, Roddy White, Sam Baker, Terrell Owens, Week 10 injuries
Teams around the league have released their Thursday injury reports, and here’s a look at some notable names:
- Chargers TE Antonio Gates (foot) and RB LaDainian Tomlinson (hip) returned to practice, but C Nick Hardwick (ankle) might have to wait to return to the lineup. Gates and Tomlinson sat out Wednesday but were full participants Thursday. Hardwick, who hasn’t played since the season opener, was limited, and Chargers coach Norv Turner said it’s unlikely the veteran will play Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bills WR Terrell Owens sat out a second consecutive day of practice because of a strained hip, which began bothering him earlier in the week. LB Keith Ellison (thigh), CB Terrence McGee (knee) and DT Kyle Williams (knee) all sat out for the second consecutive day, but DE Aaron Schobel (groin) worked out on his own for the first time since Nov. 1.
- The Redskins ruled out RB Clinton Portis (concussion) for Sunday’s game against the Broncos. Backup RB Ladell Betts (ankle), originally expected to start in place of Portis, sat out a second consecutive day of practice.
- Titans WR Justin Gage is unlikely to play Sunday against the Bills after tests revealed multiple fractures in his lower back.
- The Falcons held out OT Sam Baker (ankle), WR Brian Finneran (knee) and RB Jerious Norwood (hip) for the second consecutive day. WR Roddy White (knee) was limited again.
- NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports that the Bengals will hold out LB Keith Rivers (calf) against the Steelers. Rivers hasn’t practiced this week.
- Vikings Pro Bowl CB Antoine Winfield (foot) will not play against the Lions, according to La Canfora. Winfield, who hasn’t officially practiced this week, is aiming for a return next week against the Seahawks. Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (hamstring) and LB E.J. Henderson (knee) also have been held out of practice both days this week.
- The Ravens listed starters LB Ray Lewis, DT Haloti Ngata and CB Fabian Washington among the players who were held out of practice.
- Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams (knee) was limited in practice after sitting out the previous day’s session.
- Eagles RB Brian Westbrook, who has missed the last two games because of a concussion, fully participated in practice and is expected to play Sunday against the Chargers.
- Saints WR Marques Colston (illness) was back at practice after missing the previous day of practice.
Check out NFL.com’s injuries page for the latest player updates.