Published: October 29th, 2009 | Tags: Adewale Ogunleye, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Johnson, Andy Reid, Anquan Boldin, Antoine Winfield, Antonio Pierce, Antrel Rolle, Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Bernard Berrian, Brian Cushing, Brian Westbrook, Buffalo Bills, Calvin Johnson, Charles Woodson, Chicago Bears, Chris Canty, Cortland Finnegan, DeSean Jackson, Detroit Lions, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, E.J. Henderson, Ed Reed, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Jared Gaither, Jermichael Finley, Jerricho Cotchery, Lance Briggs, Lito Sheppard, Matthew Stafford, Michael Boley, Minnesota Vikings, Nate Washington, New York Giants, New York Jets, Percy Harvin, Philadelphia Eagles, Steve Breaston, Tennessee Titans, Tommie Harris, Trent Edwards, Week 8 injuries
Teams have released their Week 8 injury reports through Thursday. Here’s a look at some of the notable names:
- The Lions have been encouraged this week by the return of rookie QB Matthew Stafford to practice. Stafford, who has missed two games with an injured right knee and is coming off a bye week, was a limited participant again Thursday. With regard to WR Calvin Johnson (knee), he didn’t practice Wednesday but made his return Thursday, meaning he might be able to play Sunday against the Rams. Johnson missed Detroit’s Week 6 game against Green Bay before the bye.
- Texans WR Andre Johnson, who suffered a lung contusion last week during a victory over the 49ers, was back at practice on a limited basis. Johnson was deemed day to day earlier in the week by coach Gary Kubiak, and it appears the NFL’s leading receiver should be able to play Sunday against the Bills. LB Brian Cushing (foot) hasn’t practiced this week for Houston.
- The Eagles are being cautious with RB Brian Westbrook (concussion), who has been held out of practice. Coach Andy Reid already said Westbrook will be a game-time decision Sunday against the Giants. WR DeSean Jackson (foot) fully participated in practice Thursday, one day after sitting out.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw hasn’t practiced this week and went to North Carolina to see a specialist, who confirmed that he has a cracked bone in his right foot. After sitting out Wednesday, LBs Antonio Pierce (ankle) and Michael Boley (knee) and DT Chris Canty (calf) were all limited Thursday.
- After not suffering any setbacks last week against the Giants, Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin (knee) has been limited in practice this week and should be good to go for Sunday’s game against the Panthers. S Antrel Rolle (foot) didn’t practice for the second consecutive day, and CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (ankle), who left in the third quarter against the Giants, has been a full participant this week. WR Steve Breaston (knee) has been limited.
- Bears DT Tommie Harris (knee), who sat out last week’s loss to the Bengals, has been a full participant in practice this week and is expected to play Sunday against the Browns. LB Lance Briggs (shoulder) fully participated in practice Thursday after being limited the previous day. DE Adewale Ogunleye (ankle) was limited after sitting out Wednesday.
- Ravens LT Jared Gaither (neck), who missed two games after being carted off the field Oct. 4 against the Patriots, fully participated in practice Wednesday and is expected to play Sunday against the Broncos. However, Gaither did sit out Thursday. S Ed Reed (illness) was back at practice fully Thursday.
- Bills QB Trent Edwards (head) has already been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Texans, although he has practiced this week on a limited basis.
- Jets WR Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) has been limited in practice this week, but he expects to play Sunday against the Dolphins. CB Lito Sheppard (quadricep) practiced on a limited basis Thursday.
- Titans CB Cortland Finnegan (hamstring) was limited in his first practice since Oct. 8. WR Nate Washington (quadricep) missed Thursday’s practice.
- Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (hamstring) and LB E.J. Henderson (knee) returned to practice on a limited basis Thursday after missing the previous day. WR Percy Harvin (illness) missed practice, as did CB Antoine Winfield (foot).
- Packers LT Chad Clifton (ankle) was limited in practice for the second consecutive day and is in danger of missing the game against the Vikings. TE Jermichael Finley (knee), who left last week’s game against the Browns, didn’t participate for the second time this week. CB Charles Woodson (hip) has been limited this week.