Published: October 21st, 2009 | Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Smith, Anquan Boldin, Antoine Winfield, Antonio Pierce, Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Chad Clifton, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, DeMarcus Ware, Donnie Avery, Eli Manning, Felix Jones, Green Bay Packers, Jeremy Shockey, Jerious Norwood, Jerricho Cotchery, Jonathan Stewart, Josh Cribbs, marion barber, Mark Tauscher, Michael Turner, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets, Phil Dawson, Rex Ryan, Roy Williams, Ryan Fitzpatrick, St. Louis Rams, Steve Spagnuolo, Trent Edwards, Week 7 injuries
Teams have released their first practice participation reports for Week 7. Here’s the status of some notable players:
- Coming off a bye week, Cowboys RB Marion Barber (thigh, thumb), LB DeMarcus Ware (foot), WR Roy Williams (ribs), and RB Felix Jones (knee) all fully participated in practice. For Barber and Ware, the thumb and foot injuries are newly reported by the team. Barber has a fractured thumb, and Ware has a stress fracture in his foot. Williams should be back on the field Sunday against the Falcons after missing the overtime victory over the Chiefs before the bye.
- Bills starting QB Trent Edwards (head) missed practice after sustaining his second concussion of the season in last Sunday’s overtime victory over the Jets. If Edwards can’t play, Ryan Fitzpatrick would start in his place against the Panthers.
- Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin (ankle) didn’t practice and could miss Sunday night’s game against the Giants. Boldin had six catches for 54 yards in last week’s win over Seattle before leaving the game in the second half.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (Achilles), who had 110 yards and one touchdown in last Sunday’s victory over the Buccaneers, sat out practice.
- The Falcons’ backfield is hurting a bit, as RB Jerious Norwood (hip) sat out and RB Michael Turner (chest) was limited.
- The Bengals welcomed rookie OT Andre Smith (foot), their first-round draft pick in April, to practice for the first time this season. Smith wasn’t allowed to do too much, and it seems as if he’s still a long way from playing regularly.
- After playing last week for the first time in two games, Packers LT Chad Clifton (ankle) didn’t practice. OT Mark Tauscher (knee), who returned to the Packers when they signed him as a free agent Oct. 12, was a limited participant.
- The Browns have been badly hit by the flu bug, resulting in a total of 23 players listed on the team’s injury report. Beyond that, WR Joshua Cribbs (knee) missed practice, as did K Phil Dawson (right calf) once again.
- Vikings CB Antoine Winfield (foot) sat out to rest his sprained foot. Winfield will be evaluated throughout the week before a decision is made on his status for Sunday’s game against the Steelers.
- Jets WRs Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) and Brad Smith (quadricep) were listed as not participating in practice, but the Associated Press reported that both players took part in individual drills. WR Braylon Edwards (quadricep) was limited, but he isn’t expected to miss any time, according to coach Rex Ryan.
- Rams WR Donnie Avery (hip) didn’t practice. Avery injured himself on his first catch of the day, a 17-yard touchdown, in last Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars. An MRI showed that Avery has a bruise, and Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said the second-year pro would be day to day.
- Giants LB Antonio Pierce (back) was a limited participant in practice, as were RB Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle, foot) and QB Eli Manning (foot).
- Saints TE Jeremy Shockey (shoulder) was a limited participant in practice.