Published: October 18th, 2009 | Tags: Anquan Boldin, Antoine Winfield, Antwan Odom, Brandon Jacobs, Chad Clifton, Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions, Donnie Avery, Jason Peters, Kareem McKenzie, Kris Jenkins, LenDale White, Lofa Tatupu, Patrick Kerney, Percy Harvin, Sammy Morris, Scott Fujita, Trent Edwards, Week 6 injuries
Here’s a brief look at some of the key injuries we’re tracking during Week 6:
- Bills QB Trent Edwards was knocked out of the game against the Jets with a concussion and was replaced by Ryan Fitzpatrick. Another key injury in this game was to Jets NT Kris Jenkins, who was announced as questionable to return after injuring his knee during the second quarter.
- The Seahawks lost two key defensive starters against the Cardinals as LB Lofa Tatupu suffered a season-ending torn pectoral muscle and DE Patrick Kerney re-injured his groin. Kerney should be OK, coach Jim Mora said.
- Lions QB Daunte Culpepper left the game against the Packers early in the third quarter with a right hamstring injury and didn’t return. With rookie QB Matthew Stafford listed as the emergency No. 3 QB, Drew Stanton finished the game for the Lions.
- Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin left the game against the Seahawks in the second half with a right ankle injury, and the team said he wouldn’t return. Boldin had six catches for 54 yards before suffering the injury.
- Vikings CB Antoine Winfield left during the first half against the Ravens with an apparent right foot injury. Rookie WR Percy Harvin aggravated his shoulder injury, although coach Brad Childress wasn’t sure how severe the injury was.
- Bengals DE Antwan Odom was carted off the field after injuring his right Achilles’ tendon during the first quarter and didn’t return. Coach Marvin Lewis indicated after the game that the injury was severe. The Bengals also lost DT Domata Peko to a knee injury during the first quarter. He didn’t return.
- The Saints lost LB Scott Fujita to a lower left leg injury.
- Rams WR Donnie Avery injured his hip during the first quarter against the Jaguars.
- Packers LT Chad Clifton, who returned after missing two games with an ankle injury, left the game against the Lions during the third quarter with an apparent leg injury.
- The Giants lost starting RT Kareem McKenzie to a right groin injury late in the second quarter against the Saints. McKenzie didn’t return. RB Brandon Jacobs also left the game during the second quarter with what was reported as a stinger injury, but he was able to return during the second half.
- Eagles starting LT Jason Peters injured his left knee during the first quarter against the Raiders. He was replaced by backup OL King Dunlap.
- Two running backs were injured in the first half of the game between the Patriots and Titans. Patriots RB Sammy Morris left after sustaining a knee injury on the team’s first drive of the game and was listed as questionable to return. Titans RB LenDale White was carted off the sidelines with a knee injury and also was questionable to return.