- The Detroit Free Press reports that Lions WR Calvin Johnson (knee, questionable) is not expected to play against the Packers in Week 6. WRs Dennis Northcutt and Bryant Johnson will see a spike in fantasy value, but neither is a solid option unless you’re hurting at the position. With QB Matthew Stafford (knee, questionable) also expected to be out, fantasy owners would be wise to start Green Bay’s defense.
- Saints RB Pierre Thomas (hamstring, probable) was limited in Friday’s practice but is still expected to start in Week 6. He remains a fantasy starter across the board, but don’t be shocked if he loses some work to RB Mike Bell (knee). He’s also listed as probable and will return to action.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (flu) has been removed from the injury report and is expected to be the Steelers’ starting tailback in Week 6. RB Willie Parker (toe, probable) was able to practice Friday and will also be active, but Mendenhall is now clearly the better fantasy option.
- Redskins RB Clinton Portis (calf) was able to practice on Friday and will start against the Chiefs. He’s an attractive matchup-based starter in all fantasy leagues, but the time is coming where you’ll want to deal him. Portis is wearing down, and the schedule will get much more difficult down the stretch.
- Vikings WR Percy Harvin (shoulder, questionable) was able to practice on Friday, and it looks like he’ll be active this weekend against the Ravens. Barring setbacks, the rookie out of Florida is a viable No. 3 or 4 fantasy wideout in most formats.
- The Jets consider WR Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring, doubtful) a game-time decision to face the Bills, but the Newark Star-Ledger reports that he will be out. Expect WR David Clowney to start. Cotchery’s absence should also mean more targets for WR Braylon Edwards in that AFC East tilt.
- The Denver Post is reporting that Broncos RB Correll Buckhalter (ankle) is expected to be back on the field Monday night in San Diego. RB Knowshon Moreno appears to have taken the starting job, however, so Buckhalter’s value has taken a hit. Moreno is still a viable No. 1 fantasy back even with Buckhalter in the mix.
- The Nashville Tennessean reports that Titans CB Cortland Finnegan (hamstring) is expected to miss Week 6. The team will now be without its top three cornerbacks, and FS Michael Griffin (neck) is questionable for the contest. Facing a defensive backfield in shambles, fantasy owners should be starting all of their top Patriots this week.
- The Oakland Tribune reports that Raiders WR Chaz Schilens (foot, questionable) will be a game-time decision in Week 6. The preseason sleeper might need a week or two to get back into a groove, but fantasy owners should monitor his status. He could be worth a roster spot in larger leagues down the stretch.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.