QB Brett Favre had a dominating performance against his former team. And as you can expect, there area lot of opinions out there following the Vikings’ win. Here is a collection of some of the best stories about Favre’s magical Monday night.
- Favre conquers nerves, then his former team. Wearing his purple No. 4 jersey and an awkward smile, Favre hugged one Vikings teammate after another before he turned to face his beaten foe. For the first time on the same field with the Packers, Favre was glad they lost. MORE
- Packer Smacker: Favre burns former teammates. After a week of trying to convince everyone that facing the Green Bay Packers was nothing special, the Vikings quarterback said he entered Monday night’s game about as nervous as he had ever been in his 19-plus-season career. MORE
- Formidable: Vikings QB Brett Favre shows he still can play. Revenge, vindication, told you so. Whatever it was, Brett Favre got it Monday night. MORE
- Favre: ‘Nervous as I’ve ever been before a game’. Brett Favre figured the best place for him before Monday’s game was in the locker room, away from what he knew would be a circus on the field at the Metrodome. MORE
- Rodgers is guilty of holding. The sight of quarterback Aaron Rodgers holding the football while the Minnesota Vikings pummeled him will be one he and the Green Bay Packers will carry with themselves for two long weeks. MORE
- Favre has now beaten them all. Brett Favre had defeated the other 31 NFL teams before. There was only one remaining. His old one. MORE
- Packers blame loss on mistakes, not Brett Favre, Vikings. The hype seemed interminable, the atmosphere was electric and the losers seemed to collapse under the pressure. The Green Bay Packers, however, declined to bow to the Vikings. MORE