Published: October 5th, 2009 | Tags: Adam Jennings, Antwan Lake, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Freddie Brown, Hunter Smith, Jared Gaither, Kevin Boss, Martail Burnett, Michael Bolley, Prescott Burgess, Thomas Williams, Yamon Figurs
Passing along some news, notes and injury updates from around the league Monday:
- NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports the Lions will place WR Adam Jennings on injured reserve, according to a league source. Jennings suffered an ankle injury and remained in Chicago for further testing, according to Lions coach Jim Schwartz. “It’s not just a day to day thing, it’s significant,” Schwartz said Monday.
- Ravens coach John Harbaugh said it appears LB Brendon Ayanbadejo will be out for the season due to a quadriceps injury, although he wouldn’t know until the end of the day. The Ravens did re-sign LB Prescott Burgess, who was with the team earlier in the season and was on the Patriots practice squad, a likely indication a roster spot was opened. Harbaugh also confirmed RT Jared Gaither, who was injured in Sunday’s loss to the Patriots, would undergo an MRI exam Monday afternoon.
- Giants coach Tom Coughlin confirmed TE Kevin Boss is dealing with a sprained ankle and is hopeful he is day to day. Coughlin said starting LB Michael Boley will undergo further tests for a knee injury he suffered Sunday.
- La Canfora reports free agent DE Antwan Lake is scheduled to work out for the Falcons Tuesday, according to a league source. Lake has played six NFL seasons, including the last three with the Saints.
- Free agent LB Thomas Williams is among the linebackers working out for the Texans on Tuesday, reports La Canfora.
- Return specialist Yamon Figurs is scheduled to workout for the Browns on Tuesday, La Canfora reports via a league source. Figurs, who played in three games with the Lions this season before he was cut last week, was a third-round pick of the Ravens and current Browns GM George Kokinis, who was the team’s director of pro personnel.
- The 49ers will work out DE Martail Burnett on Tuesday, La Canfora reports via a league source.
- La Canfora reports free agent WR Freddie Brown is among the receivers working out for the Redskins on Tuesday, according to a league source. The Redskins are also planning to evaluate at least three punters (Glenn Pakulak, Sam Paulescu and Waylon Prather), as Hunter Smith is expected to miss a week or two with a groin injury.