Published: October 1st, 2009 | Tags: Aaron Ross, Ahmad Bradshaw, Albert Haynesworth, Cedric Benson, Clinton Portis, Cortland Finnegan, Darrelle Revis, Derrick Ward, Desmond Clark, Dwayne Bowe, Earnest Graham, Flozell Adams, Hakeem Nicks, Jamal Lewis, Jason Jones, Justin Tuck, Kerry Rhodes, Kevin Dockery, Kevin Smith, marion barber, Matt Forte, Phil Dawson, Rey Maualuga, Tommie Harris, Vince Wilfork, Wes Welker
The official Thursday injury reports are in, and here’s an update on some key players around the league:
- According to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, RB Marion Barber (thigh) should play Sunday against the Broncos. Barber took part in a full practice today. The prognosis might not be as good for starting LT Flozell Adams (shoulder), who sat out today after practicing yesterday. Jones did tell the Cowboys’ official blog, though, that the move was precautionary. Adams was injured during Monday night’s game against the Panthers.
- Patriots DT Vince Wilfork (ankle) sat out for a second consecutive day, and WR Wes Welker, who has missed the last two games because of a knee injury, again was listed as taking part in a limited portion of practice.
- Two Titans defensive starters — CB Cortland Finnegan (hamstring) and DT Jason Jones (shoulder) — didn’t practice for the second consecutive day.
- The Redskins held out DT Albert Haynesworth (glute) and RB Clinton Portis (calf) for the second day in a row, and three others – DT Cornelius Griffin (thigh), CB DeAngelo Hall (ankle) and CB Carlos Rogers (ankle) — returned after sitting out Wednesday.
- Buccaneers RB Earnest Graham (hamstring) and WR Maurice Stovall (knee) were upgraded, taking part in full practice. Both sat out last week. Graham’s condition could be key as RB Derrick Ward (knee) has yet to practice this week. The Bucs listed 14 players overall, as starters G Marcus Johnson (ankle) and G Jeremy Zuttah (hip) were both added to today’s report, although coach Raheem Morris told the team’s official site that those injuries are minor.
- The defensive secondary continues to be an area of injury concern for the Jets, as CBs Lito Sheppard (quadricep) and Donald Strickland (ankle) sat out again. Jets coach Rex Ryan appeared optimistic about Sheppard’s chances of playing, but less so on Strickland. There was good news, as starters CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring) and S Kerry Rhodes (knee) took part in a full practice.
- The Bengals upgraded a number of players, including RB Cedric Benson (knee) and LB Rey Maualuga (knee), to participating in a full practice. Two defensive starters who were limited yesterday — DT Domata Peko (neck) and S Roy Williams (forearm) — didn’t practice today.
- Browns K Phil Dawson (right calf) and RB Jamal Lewis (hamstring) were held out for the second day in a row. Browns coach Eric Mangini indicated it would be the end of the week before it’s known if either can play.
- Lions RB Kevin Smith (shoulder) took part in a limited portion of practice after sitting out Wednesday.
- Bears TE Desmond Clark (rib), RB Matt Forte (knee) and DT Tommie Harris (knee) took part in full practice after being listed as limited Wednesday.
- The Chiefs upgraded WR Dwayne Bowe (hamstring) today, listing him as taking part in a limited portion of practice.
- The Giants listed 11 players on today’s report, but several appear to be making progress. CB Kevin Dockery (hamstring), WR Hakeem Nicks (foot) and DE Justin Tuck (shoulder) all returned to full practice. Indications are that all three will be ready to play Sunday against the Chiefs. The news wasn’t as good for CB Aaron Ross, who aggravated his hamstring injury and didn’t practice, and RB Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle, foot), who didn’t practice for the second consecutive day.
A nunber of teams hadn’t completed practice at the time the official injury report was released, so check the injuries page for more updates.