Published: September 17th, 2009 | Tags: Antonio Bryant, Bo Scaife, Chris Canty, Chris Harris, Deion Branch, Grady Jackson, Jeff Otah, Jeremy Shockey, Jermaine Phillips, Jonathan Stewart, Kevin Walter, LaDainian Tomlinson, Marcus McNeill, pierre thomas, Stephen Neal, Steve Breaston, T.J. Houshmandzadeh
The Thursday injury reports have been filed around the league, here are some of the top stories. For the full injury reports from all 32 teams, click here.
- Three Seahawks starters — WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (back spasms), C Chris Spencer (quadricep) and LB Lofa Tatupu (hamstring) — didn’t practice again. However, the Seahawks got WR Deion Branch (hamstring) back after he missed the season-opening victory over the Rams.
- Cardinals WR Steve Breaston (knee) returned to practice on a limited basis after sitting out Wednesday. Fellow WR Anquan Boldin (hamstring) was limited for the second consecutive day.
- The Chargers held out RB LaDainian Tomlinson (ankle) for the second consecutive day, and starting LT Marcus McNeill (hand) participated in full practice after sitting out Wednesday.
- The Patriots added starting RG Stephen Neal (back), who was limited in practice, to their injury report. Wes Welker (knee) and LB Adalius Thomas (foot) also were limited for the second consecutive day.
- The Giants practiced without DT Chris Canty (calf) for the second consecutive day, and NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports the former Cowboy will not play against his old team Sunday. The Giants also continue to deal with injuries in the secondary — CB Aaron Ross (hamstring) sat out for the second day in a row, CB Kevin Dockery (hamstring) was limited and S Kenny Phillips (knee) returned on a limited basis.
- Panthers RT Jeff Otah (shoulder) and SS Chris Harris (knee) sat out practice. Harris missed his second consecutive workout, and Otah had been limited Wednesday. RB Jonathan Stewart took part in a limited portion of practice after sitting out Wednesday to rest his sore Achilles’ tendon.
- The Packers listed starting LG Daryn Colledge (foot) as limited in practice. K Mason Crosby (abdomen) and WR Greg Jennings (wrist) took part in a limited portion of practice for the second consecutive day.
- Texans WR Kevin Walter (hamstring) took part in limited portions of practice, and CB Jacques Reeves (fibula), CB Eugene Wilson (knee) — both of whom missed last Sunday’s loss to the Jets — fully participated. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he considers all three players day to day. Starting DT Shaun Cody (knee) and RB Vonta Leach (knee) sat out for the second day in a row.
- Titans TE Bo Scaife (knee) missed a second day of practice.
- Lions DT Grady Jackson (knee) was held out of practice after he was listed as limited Wednesday.
- The Saints downgraded RB Pierre Thomas (knee) to limited after he was listed as fully participating in practice Wednesday. TE Jeremy Shockey (ankle) also was limited after sitting out Wednesday.
- The Bucs added S Jermaine Phillips (calf), who was limited. The team also held out WR Antonio Bryant (knee), who continues to deal with lingering effects from knee surgery. Bryant took part in a limited portion of practice Wednesday.