Published: September 17th, 2009 | Tags: Brett Favre, Dallas Cowboys, Dan Marino, John Abraham, John Elway, Mark Sanchez, Matthew Stafford, New York Jets, Peyton Manning, Roy Williams, Tennessee Titans, Vince Young
Titans QB Vince Young looked to Steve McNair as a father figure. Now Young is serving as a mentor for two of McNair’s sons in the wake of the former quarterback’s death.
Before “Dear Dads Breakfast” at St. Paul Christian Academy in Nashville, Young surprised the children when he showed up at their house early Wednesday and took them to the Pancake Pantry. MORE …
Other news around the Web on Thursday:
- A new study on fourth downs in the New York Times suggests that most teams should go for it. Ohio State coach Jim Tressel couldn’t be reached for comment.
- Dallas Morning News columnist Randy Galloway suggests that Roy Williams is the most maligned big-name Cowboys player since Danny White. And Williams’ performance against the Buccaneers should help silence some of those doubters. Yes, but can Williams punt like White?
- Jets QB Mark Sanchez is ready for his first true AFC East test against the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.
- The Falcons will be rocking the throwbacks this week. DE John Abraham believes the unis will look sweet.
- Who is the greatest last-minute quarterback of all time? Many believe it’s John Elway, but it’s actually Dan Marino, according to researcher Scott Kacsmar, who would love to make Rallies for Victory an actual quarterback statistic.
- The Colts are now bringing the heat with the blitz.
- Lions rookie QB Matthew Stafford is comparing himself to Vikings QB Brett Favre.