Published: August 25th, 2009 | Tags: Aaron Maybin, Antwaun Molden, Ben Roethlisberger, Brian Cushing, Chester Pitts, Chris Myers, Chris Wells, Daunte Culpepper, Dennis Dixon, Matthew Stafford, Reggie Bush, Reggie Wayne, Tom Brady
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was back at practice Tuesday, taking part in drills, reports Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Backup QB Dennis Dixon (shoulder) did not practice.
Multiple sources told NFL Network’s Scott Hanson that the injury was not serious and many of Roethlisberger’s teammates believe that he will be just fine.
Other news making headlines around the web:
- Cardinals rookie RB Chris Wells returned to practice Monday and took more snaps than he had at any other practice since suffering an ankle injury over three weeks ago, according to The Arizona Republic. Wells appears ready to make his preseason debut Friday against Green Bay.
- Patriots QB Tom Brady met with the media on Tuesday morning, and hinted he’s expecting some extended playing time Friday against Washington, according to The Boston Globe.
- Saints RB Reggie Bush tells The Times-Picayne he’s ready to return to action this week against the Raiders after sitting out against the Texans. “It’s just precautionary, taking it slow, building back to the season,” Bush said. “I’m sure I’ll play quite a bit this game. I know I’m looking forward to it.”
- Lions QBs Daunte Culpepper and Matthew Stafford continue to split reps in practice, and coach Jim Schwartz doesn’t appear close to divulging his starter, according to the Detroit Free Press.
- Colts WR Reggie Wayne anticipates lining up all over the field this season, much like he did during his big 2007 season, notes the Indianapolis Star. “Nobody really understood where I was going to be,” said Wayne. “Nobody could have a bead on me. Ended up with 1,500 yards. Gotta love that.”
- Rookie first-round pick DE Aaron Maybin participated in his first full practice with the Bills on Monday after ending his holdout.
- The Texans got G Chester Pitts (shoulder) and CB Antwaun Molden (foot) back at practice Monday, and expect C Chris Myers (ankle) and rookie LB Brian Cushing (knee) to be ready for the season-opener against the Jets, reports The Houston Chronicle.