MINNEAPOLIS — This is what Brett Favre’s arrival in Minnesota has done for preseason football in these parts:
- Tonight’s preseason game against the Chiefs at the Metrodome is sold out.
- Four hours before kickoff, dozens of Vikings RVs and buses were in the parking lot with tailgaters grilling food, sipping suds and whooping it up in preparation for the game.
- Nearly half of those tailgaters were sporting some form of Favre memorabilia.
- Favre jerseys are on display at souvenir stands inside the stadium.
- Favre, in a red prctice jersey and Vikings helmet, is on the cover of the game program.
— Steve Wyche