- The Detroit Lions may have stumbled on to a playmaker in Texas Christian rookie RB Aaron Brown. Brown had six rushes for 47 yards and a rushing TD. He also had two receptions for 51 yards and a receiving TD. Brown has a nice burst when he runs the football; would love to see him with the first unit.
- Rookie WR Kenny Britt was a first-round pick, but no one knows about the big target from Rutgers. That won’t last long, though, as Britt had five receptions for 89 yards and a TD in the Titans’ win over the Bucs.
- A local legend from Queens, WR David Clowney of the Jets was a preseason wonder last year before he got hurt. Picking up on last year’s flashes, Clowney had three receptions for 102 yards and a TD against the Rams.
- All the QB talk in Raider Camp has been about the faux QB battle between JaMarcus Russell and Jeff Garcia. Bruce Gradkowski made his case to make the roster by completing 9-of-16 passes for 161 yards with a TD and no INTs in the Raiders’ 31-10 win over the Boys.
- The Bills are getting dividends out of their throw away pick, CB Ellis Lankster, who was the 220th overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. Ellis had two key picks in the Bills’ 27-20 victory over the Bears. That’s one way to get the coaches attention.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.