Here are my observations from Broncos training camp in Englewood, Colo.:
- So far, there’s been no sign of WR Brandon Marshall out here, at least from what I see now. Marshall has been nursing a hip injury and has not been on the field taking part with any regularity. The Broncos released their depth chart on Monday, and Marshall was listed on the second team.
- The first-team offense went through a rough stretch. Kyle Orton was not very crisp, sailing passes wide during the early portion of 11-on-11 drills and he was nearly picked off a few times.
- Josh McDaniels is definitely running a tough camp. A lot of the warmups and individual drills are straight out of Bill Belichick‘s script in New England, and the boys have been in full pads a lot and hitting.
- It’s more physical than the camps in recent years here when Mike Shanahan was coach, and some of the running drills have been heated. We had a little flare up during a drill a few minutes ago, with some pushing and shoving.
- The Broncos morning session is winding down and they’re scheduled to be back out here for a late afternoon session.
–Jason La Canfora
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.