NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora was stationed in Berea, Ohio, at Browns training camp.
La Canfora says that while Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson are handling the pressure-packed quarterback competition well, he believes Anderson will be the one roaming the sidelines without a helmet while holding a clipboard when the Browns open their season Sept. 13.
Some of La Canfora’s other observations from Browns training camp:
- WR Braylon Edwards practiced after a four-day absence and looked great, making a rising catch in the end zone.
- LB D’Qwell Jackson was very active Wednesday morning.
- Veteran WR David Patten is earning accolades for helping others learn this offense and for his leadership skills.
- Rookie WR Mohamed Massaquoi looks like he’s playing with more speed as he adjusts to the pro game.
- Coach Eric Mangini blasted music — almost entirely hip-hop — during 11-on-11 drills to simulate the noise that comes on game day.