Published: July 31st, 2009 | Tags: Philadelphia Eagles
Some notes from the Philadelphia Eagles’ Friday morning practice in Bethlehem, Pa.:
- This was the team’s first practice in pads. There was a different tempo and clear physical push by the players. Overheard from a group of Eagles players: ”This separates the men from the boys.”
- In over-under technique drills taught to and then performed by the defensive linemen, nine-year veteran Juqua Parker was consistently good.
- Eagles fans were heavy in attendance at this morning’s practice and vocal. Expect anything else?
- When a cornerback nearly tackled a receiver while a deep pass was in the air, a fan yelled: ”That’s a video on what NOT to do!”
- Most of the fans applauded and cheered every good move. And there were plenty, like receiver DeSean Jackson‘s score on a bomb from Donovan McNabb.
- In full offense vs. Full defense drills late in practice, the offense looked ahead of and sharper than the defense.
- The defense grabbed a few moments of glory, forcing McNabb to scramble when they locked up his receivers. ”Stay in coverage, stay in coverage!” coaches yelled. They did.
— Thomas George