Published: July 16th, 2009 | Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Brad Childress, Brett Favre, Calvin Johnson, Chad Ochocinco, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Scott Ostler, Terrell Suggs
Brett Favre told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he’s eyeing July 30 as a deadline to tell the Vikings whether or not he’ll play for them this coming season.
Vikings coach Brad Childress is willing to wait, he told the Minneapolis Star Tribune:
- “He is pushing to see if he feels like he can make it back. He is not going to play this game unless he can play the way that everybody is used to seeing him play, and it is a work in progress,” Childress said earlier this week. “I know everyone gets concerned about, is it the fourth of July, is it the week of the 13th, is it the week of the 20th now, when is it going to be?
- “It doesn’t have to be a minute before training camp, but I think if he is going to do that, he won’t miss a day of training camp.”
Other news making the rounds around the Web:
- Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco says he still plans to tweet from games.
- Calvin Johnson of the Lions has a rare quality for an NFL receiver — he’s drama-free.
- San Francisco Chronicle columnist Scott Ostler believes Santa Clara will be just fine for the 49ers’ new stadium. But not everybody agrees with that notion.
- The Ravens were smart to reward LB Terrell Suggs with a new six-year contract.