Today’s production meeting for NFL Network’s Total Access just ended, and barring a surprise Brett Favre signing, the show is nearly set. Here’s a quick look at what you’ll see at 7 p.m. ET with host Fran Charles along with Warren Sapp, Steve Wyche and Jason La Canfora.
- The Favre Watch continues, and on Wednesday former NFL great Jerry Rice weighed in on Favre’s pending unretirement, saying the move could really backfire for the Vikings. Fran, Warren and Steve will discuss Rice’s comments, the latest on Favre, as well as where Favre ranks right now among the 32 NFL quarterbacks.
- Up next in the “32 teams in 32 days” series is the San Diego Chargers at No. 9. Chargers LB Shaun Phillips, who is also chatting live today on NFL.com, will be on set to discuss the team’s outlook for 2009. As part of the series, NFL Network analysts Brian Baldinger and Jamie Dukes recently discussed whether the window is closing on the Chargers to be Super Bowl contenders.
- The crew will react with their thoughts after the memorial service held for Steve McNair Thursday in Nashville. As of midday, fans were already lining up around a funeral home to honor McNair.
- Jason La Canfora will go Around The League for the latest buzz, explaining the latest on the pending suspensions of Kevin Williams and Pat Williams of the Vikings, as well as whether Terrell Suggs or Julius Peppers will be the next franchise player to land a long-term deal.
- In the latest installment of Best In The Biz, Sapp will unveil his top five offensive linemen. You might be surprised at which veteran left tackle tops that list, and the names who were left off. Yesterday, Sapp broke down his top five WRs, a topic that was widely discussed by NFL Nation.