Published: June 29th, 2009 | Tags: Aaron Rodgers, B.J. Raji, Dallas Cowboys, Dick LeBeau, Gerald McRath, Green Bay Packers, Jerry Jones, Julie Henderson, Kansas City Chiefs, Kenny Britt, Matt Cassel, Pittsburgh Steelers, Ryan Mouton, Tennessee Titans, Tyler Thigpen
Packers first-round pick DT B.J. Raji told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he wants to avoid a lengthy holdout:
- “There will be no problem, as far as holding out on my end,” Raji said. “I’m a rookie but from what I’ve been told, holdouts are not necessarily a good thing. Especially a rookie coming in, you can’t afford to miss a week or two of training camp, especially when you’re trying to find a way to get on the field. Yeah, that’s my agency, but I’m in control, not the other way around.”
Other news and notes around the Web:
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, following in the footsteps of Patriots QB Tom Brady, has been romantically linked with swimsuit model Julie Henderson.
- The Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says there will be no Ring of Honor ceremony this year.
- Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau was honored in his hometown of London, Ohio.
- Rookies Kenny Britt, Ryan Mouton and Gerald McRath will have a chance to make an impact for the Titans this season.
- Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen is getting more comfortable with the idea of backing up QB Matt Cassel.