Published: June 17th, 2009 | Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Brandon Marshall, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, Josh Freeman, Kansas City Chiefs, LaDainian Tomlinson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Miles Austin, Plaxico Burress, Sam Hurd, San Diego Chargers, Tampa Buccaneers, Todd Haley
The Bucs drafted Freeman with the No. 17 overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft. He has been taking reps with the third team during the organized team activities (OTAs), but quarterbacks coach Josh Olson said that it’s not out of the question for Freeman to start.
- “We did talk last week, and when I say we, I’m talking about everyone in the building, from the GM, the head coach, Doug Williams — other people were involved and we just discussed the Josh Freeman plan. We decided we’ll go through the summer, we’ll go probably a week into training camp and we’ll revisit it again. … We may expedite what he’s doing.
- “You know, maybe we get him involved early — earlier than we thought.”
If Freeman wins the job, he could probably use all of the weapons he could get. Free-agent WR Plaxico Burress has been in contact with members of the Buccaneers, according to the Times.
Other notes from Around the Web on a Wednesday morning:
- Speaking of Burress, the players want him to get another chance.
- The Ravens are evaluating embattled Broncos WR Brandon Marshall, but the team has not reached out.
- New Chiefs coach Todd Haley ended the Chiefs’ offseason workouts two days early, saying that the team was much further along than he had anticipated.
- Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson is recharged and ready to help the Chargers take the next step.
- The Cowboys have big plans for WRs Miles Austin and Sam Hurd, but injuries have slowed them. So the team is in no hurry to rush their budding stars.
- Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew is enrolling in the NFL’s Broadcast Boot Camp.