Winslow, Bucs agree on six-year, $36 million extension

Recently acquired TE Kellen Winslow and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed on a six-year contract extension, according to Buccaneers.com.

NFL.com’s Steve Wyche reports that the deal is worth $36.1 million, with $20.1 million guaranteed. The deal could be worth up to $42.1 million with incentives.

The Bucs acquired Winslow from the Browns on Feb. 27 for a second-round pick in 2009 and a fifth-rounder in 2010.

New Bucs offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski told the team’s website that he was impressed with what he saw after watching Winslow at voluntary workouts last week.

    “Kellen does some things with matchups I think that we can get that are really going to benefit us this year,” Jagodzinski said.
    “We can put him in different spots and move him around to get the matchup that we want. He can get in and out of a cut like a receiver, now. He’s good. He’s really good. I’m really looking forward to working with him and he’s been great. He’s been great out at practice, asking a lot of questions. (Tight ends coach) Alfredo (Roberts) had him in Cleveland already so he’s very familiar with him and how he works and how he needs to be coached. I’m excited about him. I came off the field and I said, ‘Man, we’ve got something good with him.’”

It’s been a busy offseason for the Bucs, who have a new coach (Raheem Morris) and a new GM (Mark Dominik), as well as roster additions RB Derrick Ward, LB Angelo Crowell and K Mike Nugent.

Guidelines: Fan feedback should be within the guidelines for the NFL community. These guidelines will be used to identify those comments that will be removed from display on the site. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic, not abusive or combatant towards other fans, and don’t share any personal details. Use the “Report” link to help keep the community at its best.

Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP | Subscribe (RSS)